“A Gem!”
Review of The Fairview

The Fairview
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 28 April 2011

This hotel truly is a gem! We loved every minute of our stay. The most fantastic breakfast!! A very special place.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,513)

Reviewed 27 April 2011

I recently stayed at The Fairview with my husband and 2 teenage children. The place is clean and a good location. The staff could have been more aware of little things to make the place look less neglected. Closet doors had been left open in the sitting area to expose many papers, books and stereo equipment that were stored. Also, there was a door in the main hallway which exposed a service refrigerator upon walking in to the main lobby. The music that was piped into the hallways was a bit too loud and blaring. Breakfast was time consuming as it appeared the only staff member was overwhelmed until the other 2 workers showed up for work, very obviously late. All in all it was a good price for the accomodations we received. I don't think I would return unless I couldn't find anything else in this price-range.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Stayed at the fairview over Easter wknd, very nice and modern superior b&b, staff were lovely especially a nice gentleman serving breakfast, rooms are spacious & luxurious, but there is an aspect of noise in the building, Walls are not very thick and could hear crying children very early in the morning. Very central though and staff are very helpful, bit overpriced for b&b but overall I would recommend

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Very friendly and great beds. We were 3 couples, so in 3 rooms, all rooms were lovely (though the spa did not work in one of the rooms and was an additional fee to have this). Location was great, bar next door. car parking was not terrific but was no worse than other places that did not have on site parking. Breakfast was terrific and great service despite the obvious busy time staff were having.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Everything you could want....great central location, luxury accommodations, scrumptous food, private/secure car park, elevator, WiFi, right price, friendly top notch hosts --James and Tommy!

Room Tip: our room 2nd floor, street view!
Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2011

Very affordable - very nice common areas and rooms. Very nicely decorated. Absolutely wonderful breakfast with a very dear man who really knows how provide service. Wonderful meal cooked to order and breakfast was included in the room. Great location - only a few blocks walk to all the action with the pubs, etc. We arrived around 6 pm or so - the staff at that time (think maybe the owner?) did seem tired and not too enthusiastic or talkative but maybe he had just had a long day. There are a few spaces in the front of the hotel to unload luggage and then after that there is free parking in a parking lot down the street about a block. While the parking lot was convenient, I had been told by the hotel personnel before our arrival that free parking was provided. After I parked the car, there were no parking attendants and I saw signs posted that no overnight parking was allowed. That concerned me as I didn't want my rental car towed away. When I expressed my concerns to the hotel personnel (owner?), he said that they have an arrangement with the parking lot. He said I would not be towed but that if I received a ticket on my car to present it to him and he would take care of it (ie I would not have to pay it). Everything turned out fine, my car was not towed and I didn't get a ticket but I think I would have felt better about it if the hotel provided some kind of parking pass to post in my car. In the morning when checking out, the same man who provided service for the breakfast also handled checking out guests. While he handled it efficiently and pleasantly, he did seem very rushed as he had many responsibilities with that and breakfast service. Other than that, no complaints. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed 17 April 2011

We were looking for a B & B, but were offered a good price to stay at this Hotel. It was very nice and right in the heart of Town. Would recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family