“"Very, Very Pleased"”
Review of The Fairview

The Fairview
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Didn't know what to expect as booked hotel on line through Booking.com. Wasn't overly concerned at time of booking because price was good and we were just passing through. Our room was very nice. Large size, wooden floors and nicely decorated. Great breakfast in the morning. Our only regret was that we didn't plan to spend more nights at this hotel and in Killarney.

Would highly recommend this hotel and would plan to spend 2 or 3 nights next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pashita

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We recently booked 2 rooms at the Fairview for a two night stay. The location was perfect: it is within walking distance to the train & center of Killarney, but away from the noise of the pubs. Our rooms were on the first floor in the back and we each had a private seating area outside. I was leery about not staying upstairs, but we felt like we had our own little wing in the hotel. I did upgrade one of the rooms to a jacuzzi bath. Looking back, I don't think I would opt for this as we were enjoying Killarney too much to make use of it, so we did not get our money's worth with that. The one issue that did arise with staying on the 1st floor is that you can hear the doorbell & it is VERY loud! Our first night there I thought it was a fire alarm. They lock the front doors after a certain time (10pm or 11pm, I think). After that, guests must use their room card to get enter. I do like that because it is more secure & they do explain this at check-in. Apparently, on our first night's stay, there were several people who could not find the slot for the card & they needed to ring the doorbell. When this continued to happen a few more times, I went to the front desk to complain (we had a very early wake-up for a previously booked tour), and the man told me the people were coming home from the pubs. (too intoxicated to read perhaps?) After that, no one rang the bell; perhaps he was watching the door? The next day we were offered to have our rooms moved to an upper floor, but decided against it (my husband did not want to hear the doors banging of those coming in late). Thankfully this did not happen the second night. The other issue we encountered was on check-in. My credit card was charged in US dollars as opposed to euros, which cost me more money (tip: always opt to charge in euros, it is usually cheaper). The person who ran the card did not realize this, and therefore did not ask how I wanted it charged. When I brought it to their attention, they were kind enough to refund the difference to me even though they were not the ones to receive the extra conversion fee. I must say their customer service is excellent. While there were two issues we encountered, they were prompt in offering a solution to keep their guests happy! The breakfast offered a great selection & was delicious. They also made arrangements to have it open a little early so we would be able to eat before our early tour. Again, excellent customer service! The hotel itself is very quaint & beautifully appointed. Our rooms were a nice size, very clean and the beds were comfortable.The bathrooms were also very clean, and we were provided with plenty of towels. The dining area & lobby were also lovely. I would definitely stay at the Fairview if we are lucky enough to return to Killarney. I only wrote about our two issues to provide tips when travelling. I researched many of the hotels in Killarney center. The Fairview offered the best price and the best location!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stacie H
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Fairview has been highly recommended on Tripadvisor and it did not disappoint. The location is convenient for all the amenities of the town and has the advantage of free overnight parking. All the staff were very welcoming. Our room was clean, had a huge comfy bed and everything you needed in a bathroom with fresh towels supplied each day. The free wifi and room safe were much appreciated. Tea and coffee making facilities in the room were replenished daily. Breakfast consisted of a buffet for cereals, fruit, fruit juices and yoghurt and then a wide menu to choose from to suit all residents requirements. We managed to cover 750 miles of fantastic scenery and sights and could not think of anywhere else that we would have preferred to stay than The Fairview.

1  Thank MarieMinshall
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Our group just left the Fairview, what lovely rooms, beautiful food and super friendly service, couldn't recommend this accomodation enough! Really helpful travel advice provided by hospitality staff. This hotel was excellent value for money, we experienced excellent service, highly recommended! Room 207 is super value

Room Tip: Suite at 207 was luxury at the price, ask for deals
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We just recently spent 2 nights at the Fairview and we couldn't have picked a better spot. The staff was very friendly. Upon arrival the offered us an upgrade to our room at a cost. We decided against the upgrade, but they upgraded us anyway at no cost. The view from the hotel was nice in that you could see what was going on on the street downtown. The hotel location is perfect for a walk into town in the evening for dinner or shopping and the breakfast down in the small dining room was very good. I would certainly recommend The Fairview.

1  Thank JC_2kids
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Good basic 4 star hotel. Decor modern and mixed with some mock antique effect bits and in plenty but it works really well and is very interesting. Centrally based for the town. Rooms large & clean with usual toiletries in bathroom. Our shower though was either a fierce jet or a limp spray despite numerous attempts to get it right. Oh well! Tea, coffee facilities basic but fine for a couple of nights. Huge ice maker on landing but no mini bar in room!! Choice of breakfast foods is good but I think if u eat early your food is nicer. I felt mine ( apart from the eggs) had been hot holding for a while; likewise the toast! Lots of tea & coffee.
Very helpful staff but remember, as we were reminded , that this is Eire & hurrying is not on the agenda! We found that with timings, call backs & taxis in the area. Note to selves..... Must learn to relax or pre-empt my timings for 20 minutes earlier!
Look for deals as quite expensive otherwise. Popular hotel though & fully booked.
Good weekend fun !

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank ginaandjoy
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I just recently spent 2 nights at the Fairview and we couldn't have picked a better spot. The staff was so very friendly and they offered us an upgrade from our original booking and we took it and had a lovely corner room in the front of the hotel. I loved the view. The hotel location is perfect for a walk into town in the evening for dinner or shopping and the breakfast down in the small dining room was a mixture of Irish and English. I would certainly recommend The Fairview.

2  Thank Pattylee41