“Amazing experience”

Ranked #67 of 140 Killarney B&B and Inns
London, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Myself and a friend stayed at this B&B for 2 nights in August. After spending the night before in a hostel in Cork we were delighted when we arrived at Larkfield House. The owners were so friendly, helpful and the room was clean and fresh. We were made to feel very welcome and offered all kinds of advice. Each morning you were cooked up an Irish breakfast which was delicious. I wouldn't hesitate in going back to Larkfield House again or recommending it to my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Hi Emma,

Many thanks for your kind review of your stay with us ,we appreciate it very much . John & Kathy at Larkfield House B&B

Business
London
Reviewed 1 August 2010

I was attending a family wedding reception at the nearby Heights Hotel in Killarney and I chose this B&B out of all the hotels and other B&B's Killarney had to offer as the reception venue in which I was attending was about 5-10 mins walk from Larkfield in spite of me getting a taxi there and back as I wore my best suit. When I arrived in this B&B in the shape of the most beautiful house in Killarney (in fact Ireland) I discovered that the choice I made was in fact the RIGHT one, the views surrounding this B&B were absolutely breathtaking and worth all those hours travelling from London to Shannon by plane and from Shannon to Killarney via Cork by bus as I saw some breathtaking views as I was making the journey especially around Killarney coming in from and heading towards Co Cork. When I arrived I was welcomed kindly by the owner's daughter who between her and her Mother and Father made my stay at Larkfield a pleasant and delightful one, the room I stayed in was absolutely terrific, the woodwork (i.e. doors) made Larkfield like a real home and the breakfasts cooked in the two days I stayed there were cooked with absolute pride as they were delicious and made me want more each and every time as all Irish breakfasts are cooked with pride and used with b****y good produce which makes Ireland what it is, a perfect start of the day I reckon.
Killarney town centre was about 15-20 mins walk from Larkfield which was also quite good and taking up all of that good Irish air was a joy to say the least that is exactly what Killarney/Ireland what it is today.
Well done to Mr and Mrs Ivory and their family for making my stay and the other people that stayed there whilst I was there whose company I had the pleasure of during breakfast as they were the friendliest bunch of folks ever the most pleasureful and breathtaking stay there ever and here's hoping that Larkfield House will be around for a long time to come and I shall hopefully stay there again someday, albeit a longer one as there's spots of Killarney that I have missed and facilities that I would like to make the most of :o)

Thanks again and keep up the good work :)

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo

Malta
Reviewed 16 March 2010

I was really at a loss choosing a base for our 3 night stay around Killarney but right from the start, way back even before our arrival, John Ivory provided me via email with very well detailed information on the surroundings and the South West - Ring of Kerry, Dingle, Cork and all - and I immediately knew that this was the right place to stay. The house is conveniently situated on the motorway leading into Killarney town and just a 10 minute drive away from Killarney National Park and the Muckross Estate. The rooms are rather spacious when compared to other B&B's I've been to in the past. John and Kate are very welcoming hosts and John in particular would be keen to assist in your plans for the day and even takes interest on how you would have spent your day! He even recommended a good number of pubs and restaurants (Gaby's & Cronin's) right in the heart of Killarney. However, we will definitely remain indebted to John for helping us discover the awesome Healy Pass - wow!!! Thanks John & Kathy - we'll be back someday :-)

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
, Owner at Larkfield House, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hi Alan and all the group,

Many thanks for your kind review of your stay with us ,we appreciate it very much . Glad to help with the Healy Pass. We hope to see you again . John & Kathy at Larkfield House B&B
nyc
Reviewed 15 July 2008

The family couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful. Area is residential Ok if you have a car.
However, not enough heat and no TV in the room.

• Liked — The owners, breakfast
  • Disliked — Not enough heat and no room TV
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
, Owner at Larkfield House, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hi , If you visit us again in 2017 you will find many improvements have been completed
to our B&B since 2008 / 2010 but our famous warm welcome is always constant. John & Kathy
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed 30 March 2007

Such from-the-heart care as we have never received anywhere. Our 3 year old was welcomed like royalty, the hosts truly made us welcome like family and we felt we could ask them anything - either they provided it themselves or helped us figure out how to make it happen ourselves.

The property itself is maintained beautifully. The location is nothing special, and not close to town if you like to be in the middle of everything (but then again they were happy to keep an eye on our sleeping child so we got a bit of night life anyway).

The only thing I would improve was that the beds showed some signs of wear, but we stayed there some time ago so that may have been remedied by now.

• Liked — Owners' attitude
  • Disliked — Location a bit far from things
  • Stayed July 2003, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Hi ,
It's now 2017 and lots of things in our B&B have improved, including new beds. The location is nice and quiet and is about 2 miles from the heart of Killarney. Call again for a nice stay . John & Kathy
Austria
Reviewed 20 August 2006

The room was spacious and nicely decorated and clean. Unfortunately, breakfast was the same every day. It was not very varied. There were different kinds of breakfast at other B & Bs we stayed at. The dishes and cutlery weren´t very clean and there were so many crows in the garden which were fed by the owners.
That was a bit disgusting.

Hi ,
You will find that now in 2017 that many aspects of our B&B have changed and improved and the variety in the menu has improved. The crows have actually left this area also even though we had no control over them . We look forward to your return visit. Regards John & Kathy