“Don't stay here!”
Review of Parkfield House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Killarney
Parkfield House
Ranked #97 of 143 Killarney B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 May 2011

The Tourist Information Office booked us into this bed and breakfast. They didn't have any useful information on the place or they would not have recommended it. From the outside it looked good but inside, generally it just felt dirty. Although the available description said it backed to farmland, it was just an empty field behind the house. The carpeting was very dirty on the stairs and in our room. The room needed updating badly. The beds had old thin sheets that didn't match, the blankets were old scratchy wool and the spreads looked as if they could have used a good wash. The bathroom was okay but small. The breakfast was typical Irish eggs, bacon and sausage. The condiments (jelly and peanut butter) were on a buffet table but the jars were empty. Nothing homemade on the buffet - just brown bread and cereal. We skipped the second day's breakfast for McDonald's as it was on the way to the train station. It was advertised as accepting VISA/Mastercard but when I started to pay she said her "machine" was broken. She offered to take me to an ATM but I just paid her the cash I had instead. Never mentioned this until we started to leave which I felt was a little unfair.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank FLBeachLady

Reviewed 15 October 2010

Such a nice B&B located right on the main street heading toward the city center of Killarney. Such a comfortable, welcoming feeling, like staying with family. Good price and fantastic hospitality! Also a great perk at this B&B that we were happy to find, was there was front door pick up by the local bus tour which takes you sightseeing around the Ring of Kerry. Would recommend to anyone who visits Killarney to take this tour.
We hope to go back and visit Killarney again one day and will definitely look forward to staying at the Parkfield house when we do.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Parkfield House is a fairly new, attractive, nicely decorated and spotlessly clean, bed and breakfast with a lovely and accomodating hostess, Pauline Lyne. The property where the B&B is located, an easy walk to the town center and only three blocks from the bus station, was once the family farm where Pauline grew up. So she knows Killarney very well and is generous in sharing her knowledge and recommendations. The bedroom was very roomy and comfortable, especially for a single, with a nice, up-to-date bathroom ensuite. There were lots of extra pillows and blankets if you needed or wanted them, and a reading light overhead as well as table lamps, which I found wonderful, as I like to read before sleeping. The breakfast was more than adequate. Pauline was great about arranging tours and having me picked up at the house. She even insisted that someone go with me to the bus stop with my luggage to make sure I arrived all right. There are few bed and breakfast accommodations in Killarney that will take singles in an en suite room at a reasonable rate and I consider myself very lucky to have found Parkfield House and Pauline.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank mountaindriver1
Reviewed 26 September 2009

I have just come back from staying in this wonderful and very pleasant bed & breakfast. The room was very clean and spacious with lots extra pillows which was very useful when you like to read a little before dosing off. At breakfast there was lots of fruit, cereal, and a very nice fry. The hostess Pauline was very laid back and welcoming. She knows the area very well and gave me lots of useful advice on local history and places to visit. I would highly recomment this one.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2009

Our group (3 families, 6 adults and 5 children) stayed with Pauline for two nights in August. Our room were spacious and clean. The brekfast was delicious. Pauline is a lovely hostess, very helpful and let us have the run of the kitchen for a carbonara pasta. We hope all others can live the same experience. We all anjoyed our stay.
Cristiana from Arezzo Italy

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 August 2009

My partner and I stayed with Pauline for one night in August. Our room was very spacious with a great shower. It was in the front of the house but we weren't bothered at all by the noise. It's a short walk into town for dinner or a drink. The breakfast next morning was really good. Pauline is a great hostess.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2009

My wife & I stayed two nights at the end of eight-day holiday in SW Ireland. This B&B was recommended by a tour guide and worked out perfectly for us. The room was very spacious, well-appointed and clean. Breakfast was the usual hearty fare and won't disappoint. Pauline was very helpful and even let us have the run of the kitchen before our early morning departure. Be advised though, she requested cash for payment.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple