“Stunning Hotel”

Ranked #16 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
clare
“Stunning Hotel”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in June. Absolutely loved it. From the minute we arrived to when we left we had a fabulous stay. The staff are so unbelievably friendly. The food is out of this world. We had one dinner included in our package & it really was amazing! Breakfast was excellent with a really good menu to choose from. Location was absolutely perfect to walk in to the town during the day. Our room was gorgeous & spotlessly clean! Couldnt fault one thing with it! Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Maltonsales, Manager at The Malton Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Claire, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us & that you had the true Malton experience. Thank you sincerely for your comments & hope to welcome you back again soon. Best Regards, Jennifer Egan, Digital Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Polish first
East Berlin, Pa
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Great staff, excellent food, the location can't be beat, walking distance to the pubs and the CRAIC! I've been in hotels all over in Ireland and this is a favorite, if you're ever in Kilarney, you'll never go wrong staying here. Check out the backyard gardens.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MrHooly
Dear Guest, Many thanks for taking the time to write this review & for recommending us. Delighted you enjoyed your stay with us & do hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future, Warmest Regards, Conor Hennigan, General Manager
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Just back from our third visit here and still really happy with the hotel. It is a really lovely hotel with great food and lovely staff. The location is absolutely brilliant. Right beside the train station and in the centre of the town. The food is really top class and the choice is extensive. Our room was on the first floor and was a large family room with a queens sized bed and a double bed. The bathroom had a separate shower and bath which was great. There is plenty to do in the hotel. There is a good leisure centre and loads of little areas to sit around and relax. A great place for solo travellers, couples or families. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Maltonsales, Manager at The Malton Hotel, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Dear Jeannette, Sincere thanks for your comments & delighted to hear that this was your 3rd stay with us & also that you would recommend us to others. We will be celebrating our 160 year anniversary next year so keep an eye on our website and facebook page for special offers & maybe we might tempt you to make a 4th visit ! Thank you again & take care, Conor Hennigan, General Manager.
Dauphin, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed at The Malton last week while on a tour of Ireland. It was beautiful and elegant, yet very friendly and comfortable. While staying there I lost my credit card. A lady at the front desk named Susan was so suportive and helpful to me. She called the shop in Dingle where I last used the card and helped me to reach my bank quickly and cancel the card. Really wonderful service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Ellie, so glad you enjoyed your stay with us & Susan was very happy to help you with your lost credit card. Thanks for comments & hope to welcome you back again in the near future. Wamest Regards, Jennifer Egan, Digital Marketing Manager
Baltinglass
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Hi me and my wife recently stayed in the malton for our twentieth wedding anniversary , we stayed for three nights all in all it was top class everything was super for the both of us .my only bad point was when we arrived we were told you had to pay for parking the cost was two euro per night myself and my wife taught this was disgraceful considering we were paying a substantial amount of money over our stay .we raised this with reception and they told us they had issues with non residents parking at hotel. They registered our car with the parking company I can't understand why we were not refunded our fee as I think it's really petty all they have to do is register you car for free and clamp non residents its the only hotel I have ever had to pay for parking it is a real put off.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
MaltonManagement, Manager at The Malton Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review and an overdue congratulation on your wedding anniversary. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your mid week break in the hotel. I note your comments regarding our car park charges, this has just been introduced and we gratefully appreciate customer feed back both positive and negative, during busy months of the year we found ourselves unable to ensure we had enough parking for all our residents hence our decision to introduce the nominal cost. I will certainly keep your points in mind when we are reviewing our new policy in the coming months.
Best Regards,
Paul O’Sullivan
Deputy General Manager
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is so beautiful. The decor is charming and elegant and the staff are really friendly and accommodating. I had the duck in Peppers restaurant and it was the best I ever tasted. The breakfast was lovely. There was a buffet with a nice selection of cereal, fruit and pastries and a lovely cooked breakfast and they didn't mind me being fussy about my poached eggs:). I loved their attention to detail. Even the cutlery looked like it came from Downton Abbey. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest, Many thanks for your review and lovely to hear you compare our hotel with Downtown Abbey. Just to let you know Peppers is no longer open and where you dined is now called The Killarney Wine Rooms. Hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future, Best Regards, Michele King, Director of Sales & Marketing
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

An old building revamped with modern luxuries. The eating areas are wonderful. The bar is welcoming. The lobby is stunning. (See my photos).

There is a pool, so remember your bikini!

Walking distance to everything, but away from the noise as well. Immediately next to the train station for convenience.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple