2,682 results
All reviews punchbowl bar mary mac garden room train station reading room beautiful hotel junior suite leisure centre old world self catering top class old style bar food last weekend from start to finish would highly recommend this hotel the location is perfect
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Where do I begin, as always had a great break in The Malton. Outstanding atmosphere, the food is amazing, rooms have the wow factor, everyone in the hotel made us feel so welcome, didn't want to leave it. Looking forward to our return visit.

• Stayed: November 2013
Maltonsales, General Manager at Great Southern Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Suzanne, Many thanks for your review & delighted to hear you are one of our loyal guests. Ensure to subsribe to our mailing list & keep an eye on our facebook & website for future special offers. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future. Kind Regards & Sincere thanks for your custom, Conor Hennigan, General Manager

Reviewed 20 November 2013

We held our wedding at The Malton a few weeks ago and had the best day of our lives here. From the time we booked the date until we left the hotel after the wedding, we received nothing short of 5* service. The staff (from the wedding co-ordinator, managers, chefs, service staff - absolutely everyone!) could not do enough for us during the planning, on the day and in the days after the wedding. Being 'out-of-towners' there is always an extra bit to plan when organising a wedding, The Malton made it all so easy and always reassured us about the plan on the day. Emer Corridon our wedding co-ordinator is so suited to the job she does, she is so experienced and knows exactly what is on the clients mind - she is an amazing woman with attention to detail like we have never seen before. The food, the rooms, the self-catering accommodation, the romantic setting - everything is just top class. Nothing went wrong on the day. It was so relaxed, it was stress-free and it was fun! We cannot wait to come back and stay at The Malton in years to come and reminisce about the wonderful time we had.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Maltonsales, Manager at Great Southern Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Mareesa, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a lovely review & congratulations again on your wedding. I am so happy to hear we helped make your day so special (& more so fun !) & really look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future. Do let me know when you plan to return. Take Care & Warmest Regards, Emer Corridan, Banqueting & Conference Manager

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here in early September as part of a wedding party. I cannot say enough about the staff and their impeccable service. Every single one of them (from bar staff, to reception, to wait staff, to management) went above and beyond for the smallest of tasks (and there were quite a few!) which made the wedding run so smoothly. Nothing was too big. The king size bed was ridiculously comfortable and the location was perfect especially for sampling some of the trad pubs close by. I would not hesitate in recommending the Malton to anyone and I will definitely be a return guest in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Maltonsales, Manager at Great Southern Killarney, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you sincerely for such a wonderful review & title. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay & so glad to hear that you would recommend us to others. Looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future, All the Best and thanks again, Jennifer Egan, Digital Marketing Manager.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed here with my extended family last weekend for a family birthday celebration. It was a truly comfortable hotel with very pleasant staff and facilities. The room we were in had a beautiful big bath with a separate shower, which I thought was lovely. The room itself was modern, clean and had very comfortable beds.
We had a meal that evening in the restaurant and it was delicious, although the duck salad did come without any duck in it- this error was quickly remedied when a member of our party pointed it out to the waitress, she returned with shredded duck.....aside from this, the food was gorgeous and staff pleasant and efficient.
I had a swim in the pool prior to breakfast and the leisure centre was clean and staff friendly, bring a swimming hat- I didnt and got a loan of one there.
Breakfast was for me the best part of the trip. Bountiful cheeses, breads, cold meats, you name it and an extensive menu of hot food including full Irish, pancakes and Belgian Waffles. i had the Malton Poached Eggs. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank yogabunny30

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to review us & so glad you enjoyed your stay , our food & our Malton poached eggs ! Apologies from our head chef about the duck salad & thank you for making that error known to our waitress. Hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future, Warmest Regards, Michele King, Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Have just checked out from the Malton. I feel like I have been cocooned from the stresses of the world!. Staff could not be more respectful or helpful. They are so professional. Food was wonderful. Ate here both nights. The building is comfortable and well maintained, but the people in it make it special. Will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear Guest, Many thanks for your kind review of your stay with us & delighted you had the true Malton experience. Our staff are key to this hotels mission & are without doubt one of our best assets. I will ensure to pass on your comments & do hope to welcome you back again soon. Best Regards, Conor Hennigan, General Manager