“Great location good hotel”
Review of Scotts Hotel

Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
“Great location good hotel”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my girlfriend for two nights from Saturday to Monday , we booked double room got room with double bed two singles and big couch and table, very big and spacious , staff were nice! Breakfast was great both morning especially French toast , didn't have dinner in hotel as we went out both nights, would definitely recommend it to friends and would stay again! Music in Scott's pub which plays outside stopped both nights by 11 so could get to sleep no problem

1 Thank William B
ScottsKillarney, General Manager at Scotts Hotel, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Dear William B,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We greatly appreciate your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the cooked to order breakfast, it may take a little longer than a buffet but we find it’s worth it as it comes out fresh and a lot tastier. Glad that you enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you again soon.

Co. Kerry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed in Scotts in April, I was down on business. Arrived in hotel and went straight to reception where I waited to check in. Staff didn't acknowledge me for about 5 mins even though there was no queue. Not a good start...

Was then shown to my room which was small and not particularly clean or modern looking. I had no internet access even though it was advertised on their site. When I rang reception they told me that this service was only available in the lobby.
I was tired after a long day so decided for some silly reason to try out the food which was reasonably priced ( for a reason!)

The food came up within 30 minutes, and was lukewarm. It did a job but was by no means gormet food.

Now to my sleep. Let me start by saying I am a very heavy sleeper, I normally fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow and don't wake up till morning. This was not the case in Scotts. I'm not sure whether it was the particular room they gave me or just a general problem for the hotel but the noise from the local pubs and bars was so loud I might as well have been down there in them, which i ended up reosrting to doing as I could to fall asleep at all. Bed was not great either.

Breakfast the next morning was the only redeeming feature of my stay. A lovely fry with other options if required.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Vinnie B
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were a group of 19 staying in Scotts hotel for 1 night. Each member of the group were impressed with the smooth check in, lovely rooms, friendly staff and very nice breakfast!! I also must complement ricco on his professionalism when making the booking and amending our reservation when needed

Dear Duanek27,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We greatly appreciate your comments and I’ll be happy to pass them along to Rico, as with all the staff he is very good at his job and a great asset to the hotel. We are delighted you and your group enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the cooked to order breakfast, it may take a little longer than a buffet but we find it’s worth it as it comes out fresh and a lot tastier.

We hope to see you soon and look forward to your visit.

Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

Booked in here to apartment with my family And enjoyed my stay.. This hotel does what it says on the tin! Yes it's in a great location which is also busy and loud but we had no problem after 12 am..we really enjoyed the music on both nights.free car park very handy to get to.Apartment very spacious and well equipped regards lighting ,hair dryers,bathrooms but have to say bare minimum in kitchen..basic amount of bowls,plates etc..would really struggle if I was trying to put meals up with that equipment. Would recommend though..great location!

Dear Rockett5,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We greatly appreciate your comments and we are most delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am very sorry you found the equipment in the kitchen insufficient I will be sure to raise this matter with our accommodation department and have more utensils and crockery placed in the apartments. Thank you for pointing this issue out to us.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed in Scotts hotel for three nights as part of a tour in July 2013. We expected a better class of hotel { we have travelled with this tour company four times, and this is the worst hotel we have ever had} It was awful, we had loud Irish bands playing in the courtyard until 11pm every night,they were part of the Scotts hotel and locals party bar entertainment, and it was licensed until 2am, but the local drinkers yelled and caroused past 3am! The weather was hot but the hotel had no air-conditioning or fans {apparently only three fans in the hotel,and all in use by other guests.}The windows in our room, which faced the courtyard, only opened about 10cm {3"} so we could not get much of the cool night air in. NO SLEEP. The second night we changed rooms to the other side of the hotel only to find that we had a fairground operating until 11pm, with all the attendant screams and shrieks - PLUS - we now had a refrigerated large truck plugged in to Scotts hotel kitchen power ,with the generator working non stop! {obviously Scott's needed more refrigeration than their bars and kitchens were catering for } Window problem same as previous night. No ariel lead on our old style TV. two hours waiting for hotel service man. N0 SLEEP. Many of our tour group complained to our tour leader after the hotel staff seemed indifferent and sometimes rude. We were all getting really tired as we had busy tour excursions, Some members of our group asked if they could pay an upgrade for a quieter room, but none were available, others tried to change hotels . On the Third night We were assured by the reception staff that the truck with the compressor would be removed that evening! Alleluia! Still no sleep on our last night, too hot and airless, then in the early morning we heard a large truck reversing in to the alleyway where the refrigerated truck had been parked, - it was then loaded, with much clanging and banging of the many, many steel beer barrels from Scotts licensed pub and bar! Our group were all squashed in to an airless lower part of the dining area, with not enough room for everyone,it was hard to get in and out of seats , but they would not let anyone sit at the empty tables on the upper level- we think because they did not want to have to re set the tables! One server even suggested to my husband and I that we sit on separate tables and she would put a chair on the corner of another so we could eat breakfast.! You can imagine my husbands reaction - especially after three sleepless nights.This is unacceptable. This should not be a star rated hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here - if you are choosing a tour of Ireland check that the tour company is not using Sc...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan V
Newcastle upon Tyne
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed recently as part of a large family group. We had a family suite 201 which was massive, dead clean, great bathroom and all in a great location in the centre of Killarney with free underground car park.
Good entertainment at night in the courtyard with live music. Service from all staff was great, only criticism was breakfast only average quality. Would definitely stay again. 8/10

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Liampc67
ennis
Reviewed 9 August 2013

My mother in law booked into Scotts Hotel with a specific room for Disabled people .When she arrived she was told her room was given away .and she was given another and the receptionist who had many years of experience said it was one .There was no rails to be seen except in the shower ,my mother in law had to move into another room because she could not use the toilet. When checking out they they did not get one cent discount for all the trouble that they put an 85 year and minder Her daughter.The manager was no where to be see when they were checking out except for the reception manager who did not bother even to see them. If you have any disablaties be very careful if you have booked there. JON 0872340539

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family