“If you want sleep do not stay here”
Review of Scotts Hotel

Scotts Hotel
Ranked #27 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Having booked this hotel by ringing them and specifically stating we would have our 2 year old with us we we're put in a room that overlooked the outside bar with LIVE MUSIC!!! Blaring, drums ,guitars etc . It was a nightmare !!!!
The dinner was average and the breakfast was poor.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you want sleep!!! They have live band playing outside the bar beside the bedroom...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank OzgirlJ
ScottsKillarney, Manager at Scotts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear OzgirlJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay in Scotts Hotel.

It is disappointing to read that you did not enjoy your experience in our hotel as we work hard to ensure all guests are looked after during their stay and leave happy after their stay. A meeting with all front of house staff has been called since reading your review to ensure this does not happen again. You gave us the information that you had a child with you and this should have been noted and a suitable room allocated accordingly. I sincerely apologise that this did not happen. I have also noted your average comments on our restaurant so again this will be brought to the attention of the chef and his team.

I am not sure if you spoke to a manager on departure but should you wish to contact me directly please do not hesitate to do so.

Once again I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 April 2014

If you have any plans to get a good nights sleep this is NOT the hotel for you, Loud live music and loud live crowds continue well into the wee hours if the morning. You will not be told/warned at check in, but trust me it will be outside your window! Also had to request to have the room cleaned at 6:00 at night after an entire day of no attention,

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Renee A

Dear Renee A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Scotts hotel.

Of course I am extremely disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the noise outside the hotel. It is also disappointing to note that you had to request for your room to be cleaned as usually our housekeeping department are extremely efficient and very rarely does something like this arise. I have spoken to the Accommodation Manager about it and she is looking into the matter with her staff.

I am not sure if you spoke to a Manager about your experience but should you wish to contact me personally I would be happy to speak with you.

Again, I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay at Scotts. It is a priority that all our guests leave happy so this is extremely disappointing for staff and management alike.

Scotts Hotel

Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was very disappointed with where me and my family were put in the hotel. On the same floor next to a hen party on one side and a stag on the other. Shouting and banging on doors all hours of the night. Staff need to be more considerate in where they put families in the hotel. Won't stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear Sandyred7,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Scotts Hotel.

Of course it is with great disappointment that I read that you didn't have a good stay nor would you return again. This is not the service we aim to offer and we certainly don't want our customers to have left feeling unrested or disappointed. This is an issue I will be bringing up with my staff but in the meantime if you would like to contact me directly I would be delighted to talk to you.

I sincerely apologise for the disappointing stay you experienced and hope that we are able to rectify this with you at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

i have been staying at scotts for the last few years i normally stay 3 or 4 times a year and i was never dissappointed yet . bar food is excellent.rooms are top quality. staff are so friendly and helpful

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 123springmount,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor on your numerous stays with us in Scotts Hotel.

I am delighted that you return to us 3-4 times a year and are never disappointed. To hear such positive comments on the food, staff and rooms is a very good reflection on the hard work and dedication of both management and staff of the hotel. I will be sure to pass on your comments to everyone.

Thank you again for your review and your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Having gone here for my friends hen party, 11 of us stayed here. Besides the fact my friend and i had to change rooms because we got locked out twice as the door was broken, we really enjoyed it. We also had dinner in the evening which was incredible, and the staff were excellent. Rooms clean, except for the shower door been broken, which meant the bathroom was flooded after a shower. we will be returning, as its ideal location too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear jncork,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us in Scotts Hotel.

I am delighted that overall you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and will be returning to us in the future. I do apologise for the inconveniences caused to you by the door lock and the shower door. It is a great reflection on the staff and service that despite this you still enjoyed your stay. I will be passing on your comments to all staff and making a particular mention to the kitchen and restaurant on your very positive comments on the food and service.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Scotts Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel is in a great location walking distance to the shops of Killarney. the free underground parking was easy to get to the lobby door. There were two pubs on the property. there were a lot of fun and great food. When I was in Ireland I stayed at four hotels and this was the most fun.

Room Tip: I was on the 4Th floor the top floor. It was very Quiet and I could open the window and sleep with t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jerry B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us at Scotts Hotel.

I was delighted to hear that you found it the best place you stayed in during your travels throughout Ireland. The staff will be thrilled to hear this. Our location is great and all our guests very much appreciate the free underground car parking we provide. I am glad you did too.

We would love to welcome you back to Scotts Hotel again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 23 April 2014

we stayed on and off we have found it verry good a nice place to stay good and friendly staff the rooms are spotles free parking a good value i would stay thare any time of the year it a really good value hotet!!"

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Charles B,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on your recent stay with us in Scotts Hotel.

I am delighted to read that you return to us time and time again. This is a very positive reflection on our staff and the service we provide. I will be passing on your comments to all departments. I am also happy that you find Scotts great value for money.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Scotts many more times in the future.