“Nightmare”

Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Killarney
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Nightmare”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

After turning up receiving door key cards went up three flights of stairs and long corridors just to find that keys wldnt unlock door .
went back down to reception explain so they reset key and we went back up to try still wldnt work properly but managed to get in by wriggling card in lock went back down and reported problem with door . They couldn't sort but was told they needed to repair door lock but Couldn't do it till tomorrow so to persist with wriggling key in lock or they would move us to a older part in the hotel which wasn't as nice .
We was never warned of the street noise from below our window well it was so noisy I thought the windows were open couldn't sleep the sound proofing needs to be updated because it was ridiculous no sleep gained we had a early flight home so got up at 5.30 just to find their was no hot water so had a wash in cold because of the time factor explained to one employee the situation, Manuell I think his name but he informed me their was no hot water untill 6 ? Went to main desk and complained to basil and cybill but they didn't seem to give a rats ars so slating them on here instead !
Fawlty Towers .

Stay here again I'd rather sleep on the pavement rip off !

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Sgfevers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Corning, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great location in the center of Killarney, close to everything. The staff was wonderful with directions and suggestions. A very walkable location, with a convenient car park for the rental car. I would suggest this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank shelley g
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Located rIght in the middle of town. Walking distance to local shops restaurants and pubs. Friendly staff on front desk and in the restaurant. Parking onsite and free. There is a bar downstairs and it was loud into the early hours but it was Saturday night. To be expected when you stay in the middle of town.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Helen W
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

onver all ok apart from being awakened at 6 am in the morning with the trash truck taking away stuff all noise terrible we were in 241 so dont get this room.....the bar staff were brilliant the best........we had evening meal...and lunch ..soup all very good quality....and good service,,,,,,and price,,,,, we would definitly stay there again......in a different room.

Room Tip: get a room in the middle..it might be quiter
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ScottsKillarney, Manager at Scotts Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Liam C,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay and will return to us but I understand your frustration at been woken at 6am. We will be looking into why that happened so early in the morning. However, your comments in general were very positive and I will certainly be congratulating all the food & beverage team on their excellent food and service.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Having booked this hotel by ringing them and specifically stating we would have our 2 year old with us we we're put in a room that overlooked the outside bar with LIVE MUSIC!!! Blaring, drums ,guitars etc . It was a nightmare !!!!
The dinner was average and the breakfast was poor.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you want sleep!!! They have live band playing outside the bar beside the bedroom...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank OzgirlJ
Dear OzgirlJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay in Scotts Hotel.

It is disappointing to read that you did not enjoy your experience in our hotel as we work hard to ensure all guests are looked after during their stay and leave happy after their stay. A meeting with all front of house staff has been called since reading your review to ensure this does not happen again. You gave us the information that you had a child with you and this should have been noted and a suitable room allocated accordingly. I sincerely apologise that this did not happen. I have also noted your average comments on our restaurant so again this will be brought to the attention of the chef and his team.

I am not sure if you spoke to a manager on departure but should you wish to contact me directly please do not hesitate to do so.

Once again I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Kind Regards
Reviewed 26 April 2014

If you have any plans to get a good nights sleep this is NOT the hotel for you, Loud live music and loud live crowds continue well into the wee hours if the morning. You will not be told/warned at check in, but trust me it will be outside your window! Also had to request to have the room cleaned at 6:00 at night after an entire day of no attention,

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Renee A
Dear Renee A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Scotts hotel.

Of course I am extremely disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the noise outside the hotel. It is also disappointing to note that you had to request for your room to be cleaned as usually our housekeeping department are extremely efficient and very rarely does something like this arise. I have spoken to the Accommodation Manager about it and she is looking into the matter with her staff.

I am not sure if you spoke to a Manager about your experience but should you wish to contact me personally I would be happy to speak with you.

Again, I apologise that you did not enjoy your stay at Scotts. It is a priority that all our guests leave happy so this is extremely disappointing for staff and management alike.

Scotts Hotel
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I was very disappointed with where me and my family were put in the hotel. On the same floor next to a hen party on one side and a stag on the other. Shouting and banging on doors all hours of the night. Staff need to be more considerate in where they put families in the hotel. Won't stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Sandyred7,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Scotts Hotel.

Of course it is with great disappointment that I read that you didn't have a good stay nor would you return again. This is not the service we aim to offer and we certainly don't want our customers to have left feeling unrested or disappointed. This is an issue I will be bringing up with my staff but in the meantime if you would like to contact me directly I would be delighted to talk to you.

I sincerely apologise for the disappointing stay you experienced and hope that we are able to rectify this with you at some stage in the future.