Scotts Hotel
Official Hotel Site
US$427
TripAdvisor
Randles Hotel(Killarney)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,084 results
All reviewsgreat locationfree underground parkingnice hotelcentral locationhen partycentre of townresidents bartrain stationdeluxe roomreception staffbar foodlast weekendenjoyed my stayhotel barboth morningsstayed here for two nightstop class
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Stayed in Scotts Hotel with my husband for 2-nights in August. The location is excellent and very central. The lobby and reception is nicely decorated and open-plan, however, the gentleman on duty on reception was not friendly or welcoming - neither was our room ready - despite the fact that it was mid-week and 2.30pm!!!

When we did get to our room, we were very disappointed. It felt like a mile away from the lift and up in the attic with only a sky-light for a window!!!! We felt claustraphobic in there. The room was so small - and this is not a joke - that when you stepped out of the bed, the wardrobe - with no door - was to your immediate left.

Breakfast was average and waiting staff not interested.

We will definitely return to Killarney as we do several times a year, however, we will not return to this hote nor recommend it to friends and family

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
ScottsKillarney, General Manager at Scotts Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2010

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor regarding your stay in Scotts Hotel Killarney.

We very much appreciate you taking the time to tell us about their stay.
Customer satisfaction is our utmost priority and we are very disappointed to learn of your content.

I would like to apologies that you perceived our receptionist as unwelcoming. The receptionist in question is one of senior receptionist and is always very professional and welcoming, I will speak to him in relation to your comments.

As you are aware August is our peak time of the year for holiday makers both weekend and midweek; we have 115 bedroom hotels and 5 self catering apartments, our check in policy is 3pm onward, I can only apologies that you arrived early and we were unable to accommodate with an early check in. We do provide a service, if a guest believes that they will arrive prior to check in and have given the hotel prior notice we endeavour to provide an early check in service.

I am extremely sorry that you we dissatisfied with your room allocation, we have a variety of room types in Scott's Hotel ranging from standard rooms, to family suites to deluxe rooms, which vary in design they are both contemporary and luxurious. I apologies that you did not enjoy your stay.

I have noted your comments regarding breakfast, I will inform all relevant departments of your comments.

I hope that you do return to stay in Scotts in the future, I will endeavour to make your next experience on to remember for all the right reasons. If you wish to book Scotts Hotel, please call Siobhan Lucey, Front Office Manager on 064 6631060 and she will deal with your booking directly.

Best regards

Reviewed 3 October 2010

Stayed at the Scotts Hotel 9/29 & 9/30. The hotel location is great, the staff was great, the room and bathroom were very clean and very big . Had a balcony off the bed/living room overlooking the mountains. Kllarney is a great town to walk around and the Scotts Hotel is in a great location to walk to all the pubs, stores, resturants, etc..
Before coming to Killarney I had some concerns about where to stay, Scotts Hotel rep. Rico answered all my emails quickly and I'm glad that we did choose the Scotts Hotel, would highly recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying in the Killarney area.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your positive feedback on your stay in Scotts Hotel Killarney. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. I will inform Rico about your comments; he will be delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Scotts Hotel in the near future.

Regards
Scotts Hotel Killarney.

Reviewed 16 September 2010

This Hotel is a Fantastic place to stay right in the town centre with a very safe car park right next door. The Family room was one of the best rooms i have ever stayed in and the Bathroom was second to none, in fact the Hotel facilities are Excellent. We will definately be staying at this Hotel next year.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive feedback on your stay in Scott's Hotel Killarney.

I am delighted to hear your enjoyed the experience and service that you received, I look forward to welcoming you back to Scott's Hotel in the near future.

Scott's Hotel Killarney

Reviewed 13 September 2010

We stayed in Scotts from Sept 10th to the 12th. We were happy to return as we'd stayed last year and had a positive experience. Thankfully this time round was just as good.
We were delighted with our room which was huge!! We were delighted to be to the back of the hotel as it seems to be much quieter than the courtyard side.
We had dinner on the first night which was included in our package and it was lovely.
Breakfast both mornings was great and the girls that served us were lovely and very friendly.
Scotts is fast becoming one of our favourite hotels and we will definately be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanna41

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Scott's Hotel Killarney. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in Scott's Hotel; we aim to provide a relaxed and enjoyable service to all our guest for the duration of your stay especially as you are a repeat guest we are delighted that you enjoyed your most recent stay. Thank you for your custom.
I look forward to welcome you back to Scott's Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 5 September 2010

We arrived in Kilkenny in the middle of the summer festivities and found it a great place. The hotel was nice and central and the rooms nice and big and clean. There was free wireless internet which was appreciated and although we didn't expect to have the amusement park they have during the festivities right under our window, they stopped the rides at 11pm so it wasn't too bad. Be warned though if you have small children or like to sleep early... avoid this time of year (July). It might have been nice for the hotel to have pre-warned us as we had booked a family room and it was obvious we had children. It's just lucky that ours sleep late during the holidays!
Breakfast was nice but they probably could do with more tables as there is often a wait in the morning and the staff are quite rushed which caused them to make quite a few errors in our breakfast orders.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Dear Guest

Many thanks for your comments on trip advisor, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Apologies that you were not notified about the carnival and the live music in Scott's bar, prior to your stay in Scott's Hotel. I have informed our reservations department going forward to inform all guests of our family rooms of the late night activities that are ongoing in Killarney town centre.

Thank you for your comments on The Courtyard Restaurant on occasion it can become busy during peak times, it is suggest to guests to avail of the earlier breakfast time to avoid such delays.
I look forward to welcome you back to Scott's Hotel and I would like to thank you once more for your custom.

Scotts Hotel Killarney.