“Superb apartment”

Reviewed 30 September 2011

What a great apartment - beautifully presented and well equipped. I could happily live there. We loved the location at the end of the main street within a few minutes walk of lots of restaurants. Everything about this property was fantastic - we will always make this our first choice in Killarney and it was great value for money.

2  Thank clareexile

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review.
It is great to hear positive things about Park Place.
Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

I really loved everything about this place. The location is perfect, in walking distance to all shop, pubs and restaurants. The apartment itself was gorgeous, room was huge, bed was so comfy, bathroom was spotless. The sitting room and kitchen has everything you needed with doors opening out onto a court yard. loved loved loved it!! I’m already looking forward to going back with a group of friends.

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom apartment and it was huge for the two of us.. cant compalin at all
1  Thank Christine1238

Dear Christine,
Thank you very much for your review.
We look forward to welcoming you and your friends soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

I was very excited about staying at Park Place. As a quality complex it provided what it said on the packet. Excellent position so we never had to worry about parking if we wanted an evening on the town or afternoon shopping. Quality appliances, fixtures and fittings throughout and immaculately clean. The bed was really comfy and the bathrooms beautiful too (loo roll was rather Tesco's Value though).

On down side we needed to keep the curtains closed most of the time as the surrounding properties could see right in our windows - a plain set of net curtains would have solved this and helped us feel less on show.

I'm not quite sure why, with a double booking for two, the master bedroom with the en-suite was laid out as a twin rather than a double - seems silly to make the master bedroom a twin (unless requested) and leave the smaller back bedroom as the double. Two beds made into a double would have been bigger than the standard 4 foot 6 double in the other room. Not a massive deal but when I booked a double I didn't expect a twin - so make sure you specify the bed beforehand. (if you take kids, they may get the en-suite)

Virtually everything we needed was provided but in this class of accommodation I would have liked a dishwasher and dvd player. It was great to have secure parking on site but the back staircase from the courtyard to the car park needs a hand rail, a lick of paint and someone to nip down it with a broom.

It was also a bit of a shame we had to wait well over an hour after 2pm before we could check in - there was an "out to lunch" sign up with no indication of when someone would be back. Unfortunately the phone number displayed didn't seem to work either. (there were three other bookings waiting with us too)

All in all I know I am picky and hard to please, I think these apartments are ideally placed, fairly comfortable & pretty well equipped. I think they are probably 4 star rather than the full 5 though. An ideal place for convenience.

Room Tip: If you want any sort of view of the town specify on booking
2  Thank Ronnie990

Dear guest,
Thank you for your review.
I welcome your comments.
We usually make up the beds as per the guest's requests. If no specific request is made then it can happen that beds are made up in this way.
Some apartments do have a dishwaher (about one third) but unfortunately due space restrictions, we were not able to install dishwashers in all units. DVD players are available on request. Sorry that this was not brought to your attention.
We will certainly clean up the 'back stairs'. These hidden areas can sometimes be forgotten.
I am very surprised that you had to wait an hour to check-in. If our reception staff are away from the desk they always have the phone with them. This is a most unusual occurence, which I would like to investigate (I would appreciate if you could email me on this matter at your convenience at info@parkplacekillarney.com).
Again, I would really like to thank you for your comments and am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
I hope to see you again in the future. I am sure that we can reach those 5 stars for you next time.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

just back from our third stay.and cannot recommend highly enough. Our daughter fell ill during our stay and the staff were excellent and assisted in obtaining medical assistance. We had to extend our stay by 3 days and again all the staff were more than helpful and showed genuine concern for our daughter who was in the local hospital. In relation to the apartments they are in an excellent location, secure underground parking, well equipped and very clean. Would highly recommend these apartments.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I don't have a bad word to say about Park Place Apartments. I've stayed twice now and both times have been an absolute pleasure. The staff are lovely and endlessly helpful (without exception), the rooms and living areas are very well presented, the marble floors and bathrooms are very swish, and the fully equipped kitchen is great (having a place to dry your rain-soaked clothes is a must in Ireland). The private underground car park is also ideal, allowing you to park up in seconds without any fuss whatsoever. If you're going to Killarney, stay in Park Place - I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Traveling_Matte_UK
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We picked this accommodation mostly due to the reviews and we were not disappointed. They are very spacious, clean, quite new looking and with all accessories. Ann and Michelle on reception were extremely helpful. Thanks to Ann for putting up with my indecision over our apartment, she showed me two so I could choose. Excellent service. We were in number 16 and the only point I would make is that this is marketed as having a courtyard where you can sit. This is not so, it is accessed from one of the bedrooms, which is not ideal and it was so small, you would have to sit in a row rather than around the table. Even if we had had the weather to sit out, we would not have been able to do so. But do not be put off, these apartments are in a great location for eating, drinking and shopping in Killarney, we settled in well in the Speakeasy pub.We would definitely come back and stay here.

Management response:Responded 13 September 2011

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Park Place in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

If you are looking for a home from home that is in the center of Killarney, this is definately the place for you.
The Courtyard apartment was perfect for us with our toddler. Extremely secure apartments with everything you could possibly need for the perfect family holiday.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family