“Beautiful ”

Park Place Apartments
Derry, United Kingdom
“Beautiful ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights last weekend and was very impressed with facilities. Everything you would need in a kitchen (bar washing up liquid!), everything was totally immaculate in kitchen, bathroom and bedrooms. Price was fair and location excellent. Perfect for a relaxed weekend in Killarney and would highly recommend to anyone. Thank you.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MHIre

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife and I are travelling extensively since retiring, and found the Park Place Apartments after landing in Killarney. We extended our stay for two months, primarily because of the staff and accommodations of the hotel. Absolutely excellent!! We look forward to returning to Killarney some day, and will definitely stay at Park Place.

Room Tip: No tips - all apartments are excellent.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

We just got back last night from an 8 day trip to Ireland, for 5 of the nights we stayed at this lovely apt complex located at the end of the Main street in Killarney, quiet but close to all the action... First off these apartments are very clean with lots of space for two couples. We were able to save some money by grocery shopping and eating breakfast in. We love that as we are timesharers and enjoy the independence that these kinds of places offer. Both bedrooms were large and we both had our own bathroom. The floors are marble and spotless, the bathrooms and kitchen are high end with nice appliances and all the utensils you would need to cook and eat in. The value for the money was fantastic and the day staff were all very helpful in planning our days with ideas for things to do and places to eat. We would highly recommend this lovely apt complex.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor with the Turret overlooking the center of town. Awesome room.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
St Ives, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here over christmas, as my family live nearby. The staff were outstanding. We travelled by ferry, from the UK, into Dublin and were struggling to make the 6pm check-in time, but once we called the staff, they had no problem with us giving them a call when we got close to Killarney and they came to meet us & give us the keys etc. The apartments itself is of a very high standard, and being as central as it is, it is a better option than a hotel in the town.Everything you need is supplied in the apartment, even dish-washer tablets. I would have no problems staying here again, and highly recommend it to anyone who wants their own space but also wants to be centrally located, while staying in Killarney.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

My husband and I had booked on the recommendations on Trip Advisor and we have not been disappointed. The Park Place Apartments offer outstanding value for money, are extremely clean, the staff were very friendly and they are in a great location at the top of Main Street. I would happily recommend these apartments to anyone looking for a self-catering option in Killarney. We were upgraded to a two bedroom apartment which was lovely. The kitchen is very well equipped for cooking but the apartment is also very well situated to make the most of the local restaurants. A great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Catherine O
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

On a solo business trip to North Cork and Kerry I stayed in the Park Place Apartment 208 for 3 nights from 03/11/13 to 06/11/13. My requirement was for a single bedroom apartment but on arrival which was late on the Sunday I was welcomed by a friendly and attentive receptionist who was clearly pleased to offer an upgrade to a two bedroomed apartment. She took time to demonstrate the pass key system for access and egress to the building and then took me to my apartment , showed me the layout and answered any questions I had on the apartment and Killarney town.
The apartment was exceptionally clean and well furnished, everything worked, warm quiet and comfortable. In short the benchmark against which others should be judged.
The day I left was very Irish wet and at no extra cost I was invited to stay on beyond the normal deadline of 10.30 am until my taxi arrived at 12.30.
I found my stay in Park Place to be a thoroughly pleasant experience and would have liked to stay
longer.
Kind Regards
Michael Gildea

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ballinvard
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

On a whim, my husband and I decided to stay here for our 4 days in Killarney and boy are we glad we did. This apartment was fantastic! We had booked a one-bedroom, which would have been more than adequate, but they upgraded us to a two-bedroom at no charge and we were in heaven. The staff at the front desk were always very kind. It was clean, trendy, comfortable, conveniently located, and just overall a perfect place to stay. We made several day trips while in Killarney and were always happy to come back to our apartment. We made our own breakfast every morning, tea in the afternoon, and had a blast trying to figure out how to operate all of the electronics (we are from the States so a few appliances were a bit different). Whenever we make it back to Killarney we will definitely be staying here and will recommend it to anyone who is considering going. It is a wonderful establishment!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple