“Christmas time and a deeply disappointed customer”
Review of Maureens B&B

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Maureens B&B
Ranked #37 of 52 Tralee B&B and Inns
mother21
“Christmas time and a deeply disappointed customer”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

As every hotel in Tralee is closed over Christmas, Benner's Hotel transferred the reservation I had made for my sister and mother so that they could spend Christmas with family, to Maureen's B & B in Oakpark, Tralee. This turned out to be disastrous. A double rather than a twin room was given to my elderly mother and sister. The house was cold. Maureen was rude and dismissive and offered only a continental rather than full breakfast. Having read SMg2Ct's review, I had asked my sister to confirm the reservation i had made to prevent a similar situation. Despite two phone conversations to confirm the reservation on top of the contact from Benner's hotel, Maureen, it seems had given the twin room reserved to others.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank mother21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 7 October 2011

We showed up after being bumped from another B+B. Maureen greeted us warmly and showed us to our room. The room was very clean, nicely decorated, with a comfortable bed, and the shower was nice and hot too! She recommended a restaurant just a 5min walk that was very good. The breakfast was a full Irish breakfast that was simply wonderful, my husband still raves about it! Somehow during our stay I misplaced my little ziplock bag that had my earrings in it, but did not figure that out until I was unpacking at our next lodging. I called Maureen and she found the earrings, they had slipped underneath the bed! She was so excited and so was I! She mailed them to our last stop. I can't say enough about how gracious she was and how helpful. I would certainly recommend Maureen's to any travelers! Thanks again Maureen!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hitravelor
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We showed up in the early evening, without a reservation, when another B&B proved less that acceptable. Maureen was wonderful to stay with. Such hospitality! Coffee and tea when we arrived and a bountiful Irish breakfast to start the next morning. Accommodations are attractive, clean, roomy, safe, and comfortable. And the conversation delightful! Ample parking and within walking distance to town center.
John & Karen, Kentucky USA

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank JohnH42104
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Maureen was very welcoming. The room we had was clean and comfortable,and the shower was hot. its just a 10 minute walk to the town so was ideal for us. Also the full irish breakfast was good and plenty of it.We were certainley full for the day and didn't need a lunch.
BUT if you are staying there make sure you agree on a price on the day, I was quoted 30 euro each per night . I didn't know till we had left that my husband was charged 35 euro each per night. It was still worth the money, but we should have paid the agreed price

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tina-r8
london
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I recently stayed in Maureen B & B Tralee.
I was in Tralee from London on business and as the nearby hotel where my meetings were being conducted was booked out, my secretary booked me into Maureens.
I would usually stay in hotels while travelling but I must say I had a lovely, comfortable stay.
The location is central, It has a really nice hotel opposite and a grocery shop and newsagent a few min walk away. It's just 6 -7 min walk from the town centre and the breakfast was better than any hotel. It was piping hot and very tasty.
I will definetly stay when in Tralee again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
6 Thank daithiLondon
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights while in Tralee on business. Overall, it was just what I would expect from a B&B. The place was kept nice and warm during my stay on a cold January week. However the welcome was a little less warm than I have usually experienced in Irish B&Bs. Decor was more modern than average. Breakfast was average. Basically, it's a fair place to stay without any really distinguishing features.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank RoomGeek
Meriden
Reviewed 31 October 2008

Excellent location--very convenient to shops, pubs, etc.. Maureen was very helpful, welcoming, and friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable!! Great location, great breakfast!!

• Liked — friendly hostess, close proximity
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends