“nice and comfortable”

Add it.
Maureens B&B
Ranked #45 of 54 Tralee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Maureen was very welcoming. The room we had was clean and comfortable,and the shower was hot. its just a 10 minute walk to the town so was ideal for us. Also the full irish breakfast was good and plenty of it.We were certainley full for the day and didn't need a lunch.
BUT if you are staying there make sure you agree on a price on the day, I was quoted 30 euro each per night . I didn't know till we had left that my husband was charged 35 euro each per night. It was still worth the money, but we should have paid the agreed price

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tina-r8
There are newer reviews for Maureens B&B

Reviewed 25 May 2010

I recently stayed in Maureen B & B Tralee.
I was in Tralee from London on business and as the nearby hotel where my meetings were being conducted was booked out, my secretary booked me into Maureens.
I would usually stay in hotels while travelling but I must say I had a lovely, comfortable stay.
The location is central, It has a really nice hotel opposite and a grocery shop and newsagent a few min walk away. It's just 6 -7 min walk from the town centre and the breakfast was better than any hotel. It was piping hot and very tasty.
I will definetly stay when in Tralee again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
6  Thank daithiLondon
Reviewed 3 July 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights while in Tralee on business. Overall, it was just what I would expect from a B&B. The place was kept nice and warm during my stay on a cold January week. However the welcome was a little less warm than I have usually experienced in Irish B&Bs. Decor was more modern than average. Breakfast was average. Basically, it's a fair place to stay without any really distinguishing features.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank RoomGeek
Reviewed 31 October 2008

Excellent location--very convenient to shops, pubs, etc.. Maureen was very helpful, welcoming, and friendly. Rooms were clean and comfortable!! Great location, great breakfast!!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
4  Thank CTsojourner
Reviewed 21 September 2008

We were recommended this B&B by the B&B across the street and we were well satisfied with the change. The accommodation was spotlessly clean with all the usual facilities. SKy TV was available in a very pleasant TV lounge downstairs. We were greeted with a nice cup of tea and biscuits anf the breakfast the next morning was excellent. We did not need lunch that day!!

She recommended an excellent retaurant, Porters, which provide good food at a very reasonable price.(she even had a sample menu to show us). The hotel across the road whilst very pleasant was very expensive.

Although we were on a main road the B&B was well insulated and quiet!! Well rcommended!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank NIRS3
Reviewed 9 August 2008

My mother, my sister and I stayed with Maureen earlier this month. We travelled from Dublin on a girls weekend.
Maureens had been recommended to me by a friend.
Maureen greeted us on arrival with coffee and biscuits.
She was most helpful with making suggestions on how to spend our weekend, where to eat , etc.
Her house is a credit to her, its so clean and welcoming.
It has a lovely hotel just across the road which was so handy for us. We really enjoyed our stay in Maureens. She is a lovely warm kind woman and she was no nice to us and helpful to my mother (who can be fussy). Also the breakfast was top class.
She offered us a great selection of food, but we stuck with the traditional irish breakfast ,which was delicious and well presented with loads of warm toast, tea and coffee.
If we are ever back in Tralee there is only one place I would stay and thats at Maureens.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank DublinJoanna71
Reviewed 11 July 2008

I stayed in Maureens in June of this year with my husband and two kids. I must say we had an excellent stay and found Maureen to be very kind and helpful to us at all times.
She made us tea and cake when we arrived and made us very welcome. She has a lovely home in an excellent location.
I find the last ladys review very hard to believe as our experience was totally the opposite. We cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business