“beware”

and 1 more site!
Tralee Townhouse
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I do not often write a review that is negative, however in this case I have to say that Tralee Townhouse did not meet a decent standard. When we arrived at noon, the door was locked and note was posted saying that the person in charge would be back at 5:30 pm. We did not know what to do, but looking across the street we saw a real estate agency, and went to ask about the hotel. The person we spoke to informed us that she would be able to show us the room. We went back to the hotel with her got the key and went up to see the room. It was a tiny room with barely enough space for three beds, as we were traveling with our son. As soon as we entered we heard a lot of noise coming from outside the window and saw that there was a high powered ventilation system running in the building next door. As this noise was unacceptable we went back down and across the street to once again speak with the real estate agent. She offered another room, so we went back with all our luggage to the top floor, where we entered a room with skylights, and no fan or air conditioning, where it must have been 100 degrees. We went back down again and told the agent we would find other lodging.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank fisham

Reviewed 29 May 2010

My wife and I had a golfing holiday with friends and had the good forturne to stay at The Tralee Townhouse. The rooms were spacious and comfortable,accompanied by excellent home cooked meals and the location is right in the middle of the town. We were treated like royalty by the staff which made our stay very memorable. We highly recommend the Townhouse for value and service. Tralee is a mecca for all the top golf courses in southwest Ireland including Tralee, Waterville Lahinch, and Ballybunion. It is also very close to the magnificent scenery of the Ring of Kerry. Thumbs up definitely for this absolute gem. We wouldn't stay anywhere else. Debbie and Tony, from Melbourne Australia

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 May 2010

In these days of economic woes, this is truly a must stay hotel when visiting Tralee or the surrounding area. It is extremely competitive, offers clean, comfortable rooms of varying size, each floor accessable by elevator, all with en-suite bathrooms and the best breakfast, made to order, anywhere in the world. It is situated close to the center of town, walking distance to everything and the staff, led by Eleanor, typify Irish hospitality and could not be more friendly and helpful. I have had the pleasure of staying here many times over the years, while attempting to hit a little white ball on some of the best golf courses in the world, which I somehow fit in between Pub and Restaurant visits. (nb. if you do play golf, you have to play the Barrow a.k.a. Tralee Golf Course as it is surely one of the most beautiful and typically challenging you will ever play)

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bed4dlad
Reviewed 24 December 2009

This is what acommodation is all about, it has everything you could want , ambience, glamour, flamboyance, everything a person would want and needs.

\This has to be in the top 10 of best accomodation i ever stayed in
breakfast is to die for lovely buffet with everything you need

rooms are just heaven

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank icupaypeanuts
Reviewed 12 September 2008

There is nothing like the Tralee Townhouse. From the personal attentive staff to the wifi service in the lounge to the best "made to order" breakfast you will ever have, you will have nothing to complain about at this reasonable in town small hotel.

I have been staying here for years on golf trips with the guys. It is perfect. You are right in town so no car is needed for night life. Walking to the local pubs and restaurants is only a matter of minutes.

For an extremely reasonable price, you receive a very clean, and efficient room room with ensuite bath. The manager, Eleanor Collins, and her staff are more than willing to fill any specific needs you may have . I would not think of staying anywhere else.

Stayed: May 2008
1  Thank BigGuyRye_NY
Reviewed 8 September 2008

The Tralee Townhouse truly is home away from home! I have had the privilege of staying at the hotel a number of times. Each year in May/June myself, and 3 friends from all over the world meet in Tralee to play golf and enjoy ourselves. The hotel is located in the centre of Tralee, with walking distance to everything. The standard is not luxurious, but it is well maintained, and has everything you need for a pleasant stay. The breakfast is to die for and is included in the very competitive accommodation price - true value for money! However, what makes this hotel unique is the very hospitable and service minded staff. They can’t do enough to make you feel welcome. I even had the pleasure of meeting the slightly eccentric owner of the hotel, Mr. O’Shea. He embodies the Irish hospitality and friendliness and it is easy to see how a hotel, which on first sight may appear quite “average”, leaves you wanting to come back for another visit.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank OsloHal
Reviewed 19 August 2008

I felt I had to write a few notes about the Tralee Townhouse since I have now stayed there a few times without cause for complaint .

On my recent arrival there a few weeks ago, some local friends who were waiting on me were already enjoying the hotel's friendly atmosphere with complimentary coffees. This didn't surprise me, but I know that as locals they didn't realise they had such a gem of a place on their doorstep, and they will recommend it to others.

The Townhouse is a relatively small, modern, BandB type hotel with immaculately clean, comfortably sized rooms, all with en-suite facilities. The staff are as helpful as any I have come across in my travels and the breakfasts they serve will see you through a full and busy day. The Townhouse is situated in the centre of town and is less than two minutes walk from the main street with its various bars, restuarants and other attractions of this famous town. I can recommend many of the local hostelries including the caste bar and the greyhound bar ( good food).

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank FRANKG31