“fantastic food, service and location”
Review of CROI restaurant

CROI restaurant
Ranked #1 of 120 Restaurants in Tralee
Description: At Croí we pride ourselves on supporting a local community, we believe in Kerry produce and we know that some of it stands shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the world and some stands a shoulder above. Croí is Gaelic for Heart and in old Irish it means the spirit or the essence, we want to get to the spirit and the essence of our land, thanks for reading :)
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Beautiful food in a wonderful relaxed setting. All food locally sourced and staff very helpful. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening and will most certainly be back!

Croi2017, General Manager at CROI restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Hello Cutierocky,
Thanks so much for giving us your review. We're delighted to read you enjoyed your experience with us. Noel and Paul love to write seasonal menus and we really enjoy our style of service. Thanks again for the review and looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Arrived here at 7pm for a meal and had possibly the warmest welcome ever from the manager, we got seated and were giving a rundown of the menu, we had the insalada28 & Cordal goats cheese, while the cheese was excellent the salad lacked some dressing, the steak & the lamb were excellent for mains & while the cheese cake & the Eton mess were equally as good. Overall an excellent dining experience and well worth a visit.

Croi2017, General Manager at CROI restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Dear Kerryman02,
Thank you so much for taking time to write this review. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your experience with us. The warm welcome is one of my favourite parts of my job as i personally love to meet new people and serving chef Noel's food a pleasure and I hope you enjoyed the drop of Merlot too. Thanks again for your time and review.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of dining at Croi last weekend with my friend and husband. It was my first time visiting but I'd heard several recommendations and it lived up to its reputation. We were all very impressed. The atmosphere was relaxed but atmospheric. The amuse bouche an unexpected treat. It was such a pleasure to be served by friendly experienced staff. Too often restaurants are let down by inexperienced staff but not Croi. The maitre D was welcoming and informative - I love that everything bar the duck was from Kerry! And our waitress anticipated our every need, we didn't have to ask for anything, water jug refilled, drinks refreshed and coffee brought at the correct time without fuss.
And then the food - fabulous! We had what seems to be the house special - the cafe de Paris steak - soo good, and the duck, "best I've ever had" according to my husband. The table next to us had what looked like an amazing seafood dish, served with real drama - I know what I'll have when we return
We will definitely be back!

Croi2017, General Manager at CROI restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Dear Jessie007,
Thanks so much for this glowing review, we're delighted to read about your experience. I'm happy you enjoyed the story about the menu, I love explaining it and with a menu change this week there's some lovely new stuff to try too. Noel's seafood dishes are lovely too so well worth it in my book. The waiting team are super and I will be sure to pass on your comments. Thanks again for taking time to write your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I recently visited this restaurant for dinner.Our host was very affable and explained all that was to be had on the menu.All produce is locally sourced and he made a number of recommendations on the night.
I applaud the use of local produce but the prices on the menu did not translate onto the dishes served on the night.I think with the exception of their fillet steak Cafe the Paris ,the remainder of the food sampled was middle of the road .
Tralee needs simple tasty food well presented at affordable prices and in my view Croi has fallen short of the mark.

3  Thank dude021
Croi2017, General Manager at CROI restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Hello Dude064,
Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

My friend and I ate in Croi on Friday. I had heard excellent reviews from family who had eaten here before and Croi definitely lived up to its reputation. On Friday, the only thing on the menu not from Kerry was the Duck - I love their ethos and the fact that they not only source local suppliers but also forage some of the ingredients.
The Maître d - Kevin, was a very gracious host - the right balance of Friendly and professional, as was our waitress.
I had the famous Cafe de Paris steak, and it was so tender and melt in the mouth. I will definitely be returning to try another dish.
If you're in Tralee and looking for really good food in a nice atmosphere, then look no further than Croi.

Croi2017, General Manager at CROI restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Gainne,
It was an absolute pleasure to have in last Friday and thank you so much for taking time to write this super review. We are happy with how we are doing and love the people that come in. The "Cafe" steak is top drawer and we have had people come back to try something different but they just can't do it the "Paris" wins every time :). Again thank you for the review and can't wait to see you again.