“Our perfect Christmas holiday getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tralee
Courtyard Irish Holiday Cottages
Iwade
“Our perfect Christmas holiday getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

Excellent Stay over Christmas Period - Dec 2013

Myra couldn't have done enough for us and having the place decorated with Christmas Tree and Fire going with a bottle of wine waiting on arrival was a special touch to make our break .

Would definitely recommend as a base for travelling throughout Kerry

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

My family and I have stayed at many places in the Tralee area as my parents have lived here for nearly 20 years. This is the most beautiful cottage we have stayed in and Myra could not have been more welcoming or helpful. We stayed at Christmas and the cottage was decorated better than my own home with a real tree. The fire and candles were lit when we arrived and there was a basket of wine, chocolates and mince pies. The cottage was very spacious and decorated in a beautiful, french/country/vintage style. Our children are 3 and 7 and also loved the cottage and we found it very practical with the courtyard outside for them to have a run around.

I would definitely stay again and my sister who visited the cottage was also very impressed and thought she would book for next trip.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie M
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

we stayed here last may we had such a good time i would have stayed another week.we hope to go back this year and possibily stay a little longer .On our arrival we were so impressed we were welcomed with candles lit, freshly baked scones and a lovely bottle of wine in our cosy little cottage. our little girl was 20 months old she was welcomed to visit there cute little puppies at her leisure .They also have swings and a slide further down the garden which was lovely in the evening when we just fancied a little quiet play time with our daughter after our eventful day. The location i think is ideal if you like the countryside but with the town centre only minutes away.Thankfully we had 7 days of glorious sunshine so we managed to see the stunning ring of kerry day by day using the courtyard as our base
see you in the summer Myra !!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SaraM1977
Dereham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Although I was meant to be travelling with family, I actually ended up travelling alone - so if you don't mind the quiet village life, this cottage will suit lone travellers as much as families. Myra gave me a warm welcome and showed me around the cottage. Awaiting me was some fresh scones, bottle of wine and chocolates and all the rooms had some fresh flowers.
The cottages were a perfect location, and it only took me around a 30 minute drive to get to most of the locations I had planned. (for someone who drives an hour to work everyday - that was a treat).
For those who have given negative reviews... well, I didn't visit to spend all my time in the cottage to find fault. Was everything perfect... no, but it was close. I would have no problem returning to stay whether alone or with friends.
I didn't actually use all the facilities at site, but at least they're offered!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa P
Aglish, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

What a holiday - from the moment we pulled into the courtyard, it was clear that this was a hidden gem. Myra's warm welcome along with the gorgeous scones, fresh flowers and lovely wine was just the start of a great week. The complimentary pony rides were the highlight of my daughter's holiday, the tennis court and playground went down well with my son, whilst sitting out in the courtyard having coffee in the tranquil surroundings of Blennerville made myself and my wife so relaxed, we did not want to leave. The accommodation was just perfect and I feel that the so called "niggles" referred to in other comments only added to the charm and authenticity of an ideal location. It is quite obvious that Myra clearly enjoys what she does (with a little help from Derry!!!) and I would recommend this as a perfect family holiday destination for exploring the Kingdom of Kerry.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jonny H
Limerick, Limerick, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

Whilst some of the mildly negative reviews have merit, when you balance the charm of the location, the genuine warmth of Myra and family and the simple fact you are in Kerry you cant help but love this place....we first stayed here in 2010 went back again last year and again this year and yes the tennis court needs resurfacing and the gutters might need attending to but a more relaxing place you will not find.....we,as a family, all love it and will be regulars for years to come.....

Room Tip: Cottage one has advantage of privacy but is smaller cottage 6 better for larger families
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Triona Ken D
Newtownabbey, Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2012

We arrived slightly early about 2pm just to make sure we knew exactly the cottages were (I had phoned Myra to check arrival times so wasn't expecting the cottage to be ready until 4pm). Our cottage wasn't ready so we headed to Fenit for a quick jaunt. It was a lovely wee fishing village, then back to the cottage. Everything was ready (I recall fresh flowers in the living room and bedrooms) and Myra had left in scones, jam and butter in the kitchen for us which we devoured immediately - yum! (The chocs and wine were left for much later). The accommodation was lovely (we stayed in the first cottage which has a patio door at the side) and big enough for the four of us (2 adults, 2 children) and the dog. We had the double room and the kids shared the twin room. Our room was next door to the bathroom and theirs had the ensuite shower and toilet. Zoe our daughter quickly made friends with a lovely Irish girl about her age so they played a great deal together and with Myra's pups. My husband and son enjoyed playing tennis when it wasn't raining and we weren't going anywhere, while I took the dog for a walk either into Blennerville (15mins walk) or another direction.

The cottage is very close to Tralee (about 5/10 mins drive) so we visited their lovely parks and were able to visit their local supermarkets. The town has lots of shops so don't worry if you haven't packed everything - there's even an Argos/Debenhams/Aldi/Tesco and names I'd never heard of.

As for places to visit our favourite outing was to Muckross Gardens in Killarney - what a beautiful place! We visited the farms which were very similar to the Ulster Folk Park in Belfast. The gardens were free and we took along our own picnic. We also managed to visit lots of lovely beaches and one sunny morning took the kids to a beach for watersports - body boarding/paddle boats/trampoline-slide/canoeing - at a cost of about 18 euro each for two hours. (Myra had suggested this venue to us) They were provided with wetsuits and all the equipment they needed. As a result of how much they enjoyed these activities they now have their own body boards and wetsuits.

In the evenings we made our own dinners - kitchen equipment was very adequate. Myra loaned us Downton Abbey DVDs which we really enjoyed, although there was also plenty to watch on the standard sky tv if we had of wanted. Alas time flew in too quickly and before we knew it time to pack up the bags and head back up the road.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family