“Felt like royalty...”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Johnstown, Colorado
“Felt like royalty...”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Staying at Ballyseede Castle was amazing! We had the best time here. The grounds are beautiful and less visited by day-trippers, so it feels a bit more private than some of the larger castle hotels. The building is probably medium size as castles go, but plenty big. The first floor sitting rooms are stunning with antique furnishings, beautiful colors, interesting and lovely accents. The dining room is equally elegant and the breakfast room manages to combine stately elegance with a rougher castle feeling. Our room was a triple for 3 adults and it was huge! Two large beds, a sitting area, bay window overlooking the grounds at the front of the castle. A large bath completed the room nicely. Hot water was plentiful, wifi and hairdryer provided free. The castle has a bar with an old pub feeling … a very comfortable place to enjoy lunch, drinks, etc. The castle also has a resident dog, Einstein, who is cute as can be and very friendly. If he really likes you he’ll deliver some small stones at your feet to toss for him. I swear he can count…he managed to bring back every stone every time! The staff at Ballyseede was friendly and helpful. The food in the bar, the dining room for dinner, and the breakfast room the next morning we all excellent! I would recommend this castle hotel to anyone wanting to experience elegance and comfort of ‘castle living’.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Ennis, Ireland
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed for 2 nights last week for a wedding and had a fantastic time the castle is fantastic & the grounds around it are beautiful my 3 year old son loved it, so much space to play outside and the staff were very good with him always chatting to him getting him anything he needed. I had mentioned when booking I had a child so if I could have a room with 2 beds and we got a huge room along with the 2 beds which was great. The food was fabulous both for the wedding & at breakfast. All in all we really enjoyed our stay.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had a great one night stay! Good stop from Dublin to Dingle- very clean room and Excellent staff. The bar was fun at night and we meet other travelers and shared stories and tips on our vacation. The dog Einstein was the best-and we loved roaming the grounds and would highly recommend! !!

Room Tip: The French room was perfect!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Christchurch UK
Reviewed 20 May 2014

my wife @ I stayed at this lovely hotel on 17th May 14, we were here for a wedding reception and the surroundings, room, food etc were all brilliant.
Must mention the staff who could not be more helpful very impressed.
THANK YOU Ballyseede Castle for a very enjoyable stay and a really superb reception menu and service.

Room Tip: A car will be required for a stay at this hotel its out of town but really great location
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank invictad12
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We booked a night at Ballyseede on our trip around Ireland mainly to say we did (when in Rome...). I honestly didn't have very high expectations and thought it would be just an over priced hotel. After staying there, I think everyone in our group would say it was worth it. The rooms were great, the public sitting areas were comfortable and inviting (with a bar to get a drink, or coffee/tea) and the restaurant was great as well. The service was great and atmosphere laid back (not like some very high end hotels that can be stuffy). The grounds were beautiful and very quiet; felt like wewere in the middle of nowhere. On our trip we mostly stayed at BnB's in or very close to towns so a castle in a quieter area was a nice change of pace. While you may not feel like you're in a castle in the rooms alone, the other public spaces (where we mostly spent our time) certainly did.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are not shown on the website so it's sort of hard to know what you're getti...
1 Thank David K
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 16 May 2014

First, this was my 50th birthday and I wanted to something special. We arrived at the castle and were treated by the resident puppy Einstein. Ok, maybe greeted was a stretch...he just laid there and barely acknowledged us. The staff was awesome and we got upgraded to the honeymoon suite!!! I really felt like the princess at that point! We opened our bottle of wine and poured a glass (in waterford crystal of course we had recently purchased ) and walked around the grounds. Everywhere we went the staff was super friendly. The grounds are beautiful and there are miniature horses and donkeys in a field across from the castle. I felt like the lady of the manor surveying her property. We ate at the pub that evening and made an early night of it, (birthday, honeymoon suite, big slipper tub....you get the picture. The next morning we went to breakfast and the staff gave me a birthday card!!! We left reluctantly after breakfast but not before I accidentally left my wallet in the room. 1 hour later I realized my mistake and had to backtrack to the castle. I think the castle was trying to make me stay :-) Anyway, the owner had my wallet and some change I inadvertently left as well waiting at the front desk. They had already sent and email and left a message on my home phone! I will never forget the experience or the kindness I experienced here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Upstate NY
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Our 2 night stay at Ballyseede Castle was excellent. Although the room was small, it was comfortable and clean. The decor was lovely. The sitting rooms in the castle are beautiful and there is always a pot of tea and coffee with biscuits for the taking. The grounds are lovely. The restaurant is first rate and the food in the pub is good too. Breakfast was excellent as was the service. No, it's not actually what one would call a castle like in the1500's but it was close enough for me.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends