The old saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover," adequately expresses my thoughts on the Ballygarry Hotel experience. Nicely situated just outside of Tralee, this hotel appears to be elegant and inviting but, once inside closed doors, its true colors are immediately revealed. The hotel seems to have been recently refurbished and the smart hallways, lifts, and carpets taunt guests with expectations of a positive, memorable, high quality experience. The reality, though, is much different, much grimmer.
We felt like how the cows feel when being shoved around the cattle yard. We didn't matter! The place is dominated by those matronly, disapproving women. Avoid unless you're a masochist!
Leave immediately if you, even slightly, suspect that there's a wedding party taking place. Like other reviewers have noted, the place goes into complete chaos and inefficiency and any guest who is not involved in the wedding is not only forgotten, but, literally, pushed aside by the whirlwind of undertrained, unprofessional, temporary? staff that are running around in circles. They seem to have no connection to the type of vibe they are putting off and how it affects the reputation of the "four star" hotel they are representing.
The 'raise your eyebrows,' cringing moments were too numerous to detail but, at least, the hallways had a warm, welcoming sense to them. Too bad the people at the top of this hotel thought that was all that mattered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named in the top 10 of hotels in Ireland on TripAdvisor, the 4 star Ballygarry House Hotel in Tralee Co. Kerry has been in the same family for over 50 years & owner Padraig McGillicuddy knows how to make you feel at home. The hotel's warm interior offers plenty of corners to hide away with a good book to indulge in afternoon tea, and Brooks restaurant serves modern Irish cuisine using the best of local Kerry produce. The Brasserie at Ballygarry House offers casual dining daily from 12.30. This Kerry Hotel provides visitors with the perfect base to explore Kerry and The Wild Atlantic Way with plenty of attractions and activities nearby. No visit to Ballygarry Hotel Tralee is complete without a visit to Nadur Spa which offers traditional Irish Seaweed Soaks as well as hot tub, thermal suite & rejuvenating mud wraps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygarry House Hotel Tralee
- Ballygarry House Hotel And Spa
- Ballygarry Hotel Tralee