“Excellent Hotel - Fabulous staff.”

Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Just returned from a 3 night break at the Ballygarry House Hotel. We had a great time. The hotel was very clean and tidy and very well appointed.
Our room was large and very comfortable, and the en-suite had a bath and separate shower.
The hotel restaurant was nicely decorated and the food itself was excellent.
The hotel grounds are pleasant to walk around and the spa area is nice, where we made use of the hot tub. (A pool would be a great addition though).
All of the hotel staff, from reception to the bar / restaurant and spa, are all very friendly and helpful.
We will certainly make a return trip, and hopefully soon.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
PMcGillicuddyGM, General Manager at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay. I will pass your kind words on to our staff, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had time to savour the Hot tub!

I do look forward to welcoming you back to us again soon.

Kind regards,
Padraig McGillicuddy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,510)

Reviewed 7 October 2011

Attended wedding at Ballygarry Hotel and stayed for 2 nights I could not fault anything Rooms spacious and comfortable. Staff helpful and Food fabulous. Spa is a dream very relaxing.
Hotel is outside Tralee you will need a car, grounds of hotel are charming and as hotel is medium size it is very personal.
ideal wedding venue and ideal romantic getaway or girlie break.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay here with us, and do hope that you will return again shortly.

Reviewed 4 October 2011

We spent two nights here 24th and 25th September. We had a wonderful time. On arrival we received a warm and friendly welcome from Nicole and Dannielle. Our room was first class. We ate in the restaurent first night, top marks to the chef, food was excellent. We dined in the bar 2nd night and food was also first class. All restaurent and bar staff are a credit to the hotel, very efficient especially Grainne and Kay. Breakfast both mornings could not be faulted. This is our third time been to Ballygarry House and we look forward to returning again. I read some information in the room that this hotel has been in the family for years, keep up the good work, you are doing a great job, you have a great team and no doubt your business will continue to flourish throughout the coming months and years.

Room Tip: Ground floor was perfect, no noise as your are in a bit from the main road.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am delighted with your kind words and will pass them on to all the staff and of course to the girls mentioned.
Yes we are in the same family with over 50 years and I am very proud of my staff who each work so hard in providing the experience that you had.
I do hope to welcome you back to Ballygarry House in the future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2011

I stay here on regular bases with work and all i can say is it get better and better. The food is top class and a very well priced early menu (steak 17.95) room very comfy. Location is excellent for exploring the kerry area. The hot tub is free and steam room. But its best asset is its excelent staff the make it special.

Room Tip: Have meal befor 6.30 to get early menu in bar during the week.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I stayed in this hotel in august this year! I was on a solo charity cycle and arrived wet and miserable after a 5 hour cycle in the rain! The hotel staff were really lovely and put my bicycle safely away! My bedroom was a great size with a huge bed, fab roomy bathroom and every facility in the room! As I was grubby and exhausted from my cycle, I made full use of all the facilities!! I had a lovely dinner in the restaurant! The staff were all lovely and I will deffo be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Pezenas53
PMcGillicuddyGM, General Manager at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will be sure to pass your kind words on to our staff and especially our team in Brooks Restaurant, who will appreciate your review.

I have just mentioned your review to our Head Chef, David Baitson, who is delighted that you have such found memories of your stay with us, and he is glad you enjoyed your Seabass.

I do hope that you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

Unfortunately I have to say this hotel promises more than it delivers. I did have high hopes for this after staying at the Hayfield Manor in Cork, as Ballygarry House sounded similar. While it does have lovely staff, nice brochures and is generally a nice country house,it's a bit disappointing overall. In my room there was no bathrobe and slippers, a crap hairdryer and lots of spiderwebs! The food in the bar is also a rip off - I paid over €19 for the cod and chips but the chips and (unnecessary) accompanying potato wedges were deep fried straight out of a bag from the freezer. I certainly would have expected more for this money and even fish and chips in some top Dublin restaurants doesn't cost this much!!! Overall I'd say that it was a disappointing stay. Especially when you find out that it costs €30 to use the hot tub and stream room!

• Stayed: September 2011

Dear Reviewer,

While I must thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, I am sorry that you felt certain aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations, this would be unusual for Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa.

With regards to Nadúr Spa, overnight guests of the hotel receive complimentary use of the Thermal Suite, Relaxation Area and Outdoor Hot Tub, however they would be expected to pay for Spa treatments.

I do hope that you will visit us again in the future, to allow us to prove the true level of hospitality that Ballygarry House has become famous for.

Reviewed 8 September 2011

My fiance and i stayed here on the weekend of the 2nd sept 2011 for two nights,,it was a free trip we won on the radio so we were not expecting much from the hotel....but on our arrival the staff couldnt not have been more freiendly and helpful,,,,they could not do enough for us.....i must also add the food in the restaurant is the best meal i ever had from starter to dessert it was amazing....i would have no problem problem staying in this hotel again even if i had to pay for it

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bobo1978

Dear Reviewer,

We are delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I have passed your praise with regards to your meal onto both the Restaurant and Kitchen Teams.

We would be delighted to welcome your back to Ballygarry House Hotel again in the future.