“THE BEST!”

Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is a hotel I want to shout about .... but, keep secret too. It's just too good to share!
A truly beautiful hotel with wonderful staff, great rooms (both bedrooms and public rooms), fantastic food and the most relaxing Spa.
I visit Tralee a few times a year and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else.
The Ballygarry is just on the outskirts of Tralee (about a 5 minute drive away) so you do, preferably, need a car.
I've stayed there about 10 times in total and have always been delighted with just about everything. The only (ongoing) criticism I have is that their scrambled eggs (at breakfast) are pale, tasteless and hard. It won't stop me returning though!
In November I also went to an Irish wedding at The Ballygarry and everything, from beginning to end, was superb. The Irish sure know how to do things well ..... there were even fireworks at the wedding!
I love this hotel and would highly recommend it, so if you book to stay there, have a great time but please leave a room for me.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BrightonSally
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Sally

Thank you very much for your glowing review. You really have experienced all aspects of the hotel. Weddings have been the backbone of Ballygarry since my grandfather started the business in 1958. They thankfully run so fluidly & independent of the main hotel so the leisure guests can enjoy a really peaceful stay. We have introduced a full new breakfast menu for you to enjoy next time.

Don't keep us a secret & shout us from the rooftops of Brighton!

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Recently stayed with my mum in Ballygarry for a birthday treat. Have stayed a few times and this time was just as good.had fabulous treatments and a delicious dinner in the restaurant. Staff and service excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank brettcm

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent response & belated Birthday wishes from all of us in Ballygarry. We pride ourselves in what we offer & food is a large part of any guest experience & I will ensure that the Chef & his team are made aware of your positive comments.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

love this hotel and the spa its so relaxing. I have been in the spa three times before but only stayed in the hotel recently. But would definitely recommend it to any one. The staff are great very helpful the food is amazing but the spa is simply the best the prices are a bit pricey but well worth it got a back massage recently and my back has never felt so great which is great because I suffer from a lot of back problems. Also the products they use in the spa are fab and love the smell of them :) I did not want to leave the place :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Natasha R

Dear Natasha

Thank you for your recent response. We love to get any feedback. The spa is a remarkable asset to the hotel & all of our staff genuinely like doing what they do. I believe it separates us in the hospitality sector. Good luck with your back!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Myself and my husband stayed in this lovely hotel last weekend and our experience was very positive. From the moment we arrived to checkout, the food was outstanding, the service was very good and the staff are extremely warm and friendly. Our room was spacious and well maintained. There is an excellent spa in this hotel also. We will definitely be back again.

Room Tip: Our room was located near the spa, one of the nicest rooms we have ever stayed in.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Heidi,

Thank you very much for your great review, i am delighted that you enjoyed your trip so much and that our team here exceeded your expectations with regards to standard and friendliness. I assure you it will be shared with everyone here for them to read.

Thanks again Heidi, looking forward to your return visit.

Best Wishes and a Happy Christmas,

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed in the Ballygarry spa hotel, thoroughly enjoyable experience. Great accommodation - reasonably priced - and amazing cuisine. Not forgetting the attentive service. A+
A short trip from the town centre, a few minutes in a taxi - ample parking (free!) and easy to find.

I'll definitely be back!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ilikefoodnomnom

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your wonderful review, and thank you for taking the time to do so.

We really do love when we get great feedback on our team here.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Ballygarry House Hotel and Spa ,is the best hotel I have stayed in to date and I have stayed in a lot of hotels ,from the moment we drove down the tree lit drive I had a good feeling and I wasent wrong ,the staff ,the rooms,the food , the roaring fire in the bar the spa all 100 percent and I loved every minute i was there ,I will be making a lot of return visits to this lovely relaxing peaceful hotel and would highly recommend it Linda, Cork

Room Tip: Any of the rooms we were in 307 near to the spa .N o swimming pool but amazing spa available to hote...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 175LINDA

Dear Linda,

Thank you very much for the fantastic vote of confidence, we are delighted we impressed you so much and thank you for posting your great review.

Looking forward to your return trips.

Happy Christmas,

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Returned to this hotel again with two friends on an overnight spa package. The treatments in the spa were amazing. We had a lovely spacious room which met all our needs. Dinner was delicious and the service was really good. I am already looking forward to returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends