Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$134
  • Breakfast included
US$329
US$230
Ballyroe Heights Hotel(Tralee)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$109
US$83
  • Restaurant
1,601 results
All reviewsbrooks restaurantrelaxation roomthe outdoor hot tubthermal suitetop classbeautiful hoteldrinks receptionfrom start to finishfamily weddingwedding receptionwould highly recommend this hotelfood was amazingrelaxing breaksecond to noneboth morningslast weekendmain course
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight with our baby as we were attending a wedding here. The rooms were great & super clean.
I was a little disappointed with the attitude of an administrator on the phone when I called with a request a few weeks prior to visit, however all staff were excellent during our stay. Wifi was down during our stay which was not a huge problem as we only stayed one night, but is a bit annoying.

• Stayed: February 2014
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking a moment to review your stay. Its lovely to see that your stay was largely positive. We are in the process of a Wi-Fi upgrade to give better continuity throughout the building.

I will look into who it was that received your call as its really uncommon to receive a negative about our Front office staff. Thank you for letting us know.

regards

Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed here two nights during our most recent trip to Ireland. Friendly, efficient staff with a very speedy check-in. Spacious, nicely apportioned room. Beautifully decorated and maintained public areas, which we spent some time using, as the room wifi was very sporadic. We dined at Brooks restaurant (see separate review) one evening. Typical Irish hotel breakfast offerings.
Free parking. Good location as a base for exploring the Dingle peninsla. No execise machines or fitness center yet, but I was told that they are in the process of building one. All in all, a very pleasant stay, in spite of the stormy weather.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jack

Its lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. The Dingle peninsula is a real Gem & we are well located for a few days touring as you know.

We start work on our new Fitness suite next week & it will be fully functional for mid to late May this year. We are also enhancing our Wi-Fi throughout the hotel to deliver a greater speed to the guests.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Really pleased I found this place. Welcomed by friendly receptionist which always makes a difference. The hotel is well maintained and the reception and public areas are tastefully decorated. The room was large and really comfortable with flat screen tv, desk, coffee table. Bathroom was large with walk in shower and bath. Wifi connection was great and was able to get some work done. We ate in the bar and the staff were really good, however, we were slightly disappointed with the food choice for vegetarian was really limited and when asked it wasn't easy to get an alternative. My colleague had prawn cocktail which she said was nice but I think we would choose the restaurant next time. I didn't have breakfast but my colleague did and she didn't rate it but I can't confirm that. If there was more food options or versatility for me then would have been happier but definitely recommend and definitely go back.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for having chosen Ballygarry House for your recent break away. We are very proud of the feel & finish to the décor of the hotel & I am glad you enjoyed that.

I will talk to chef about a greater variety for vegetarians as undoubtedly there are more & more of us with dietary requirements.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

Night away with two friends. We dont get away often together so it was important to us. Ballygarry house pays great attention to detail. They really go the extra mile in this hotel. Cannot recommend highly enough. Great night away to celebrate a friends birthday which the hotel made special in as many ways as possible. Super location near the woods if you're into running or walking. Spa wonderful. Food was really really good. Thank you.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

I will wholeheartedly agree that there is nothing worse than really looking forward to a break & then it does not live up to your expectation. Thankfully Ballygarry House did "in as many ways as possible."

We look forward to seeing you again some time soon.

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here one night for a wedding we were attending at Ballyseede Castle which is only a few minutes up the road by car. The room was nice, spacious and clean. The only flaw and it's a small one is the bathroom was a little outdated. Breakfast was very good the next morning.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guests

Thank you for the glowing review. We get a lot of guests attending a wedding at the Castle next door who stay with us. I am delighted to hear that your stay was mostly positive.

We have an annual refurbishment scheme that ensures that none of our rooms are more than 7 years old. We are in the process of doing 18 rooms this winter so I imagine that that outdated look that you saw will be fresh & funky by the start of the season! Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts.