I have never written a review before,(mainly because I am too lazy!) but I really feel this hotel deserves a nod for a job well done. I booked a one night family package at this hotel very much at the last minute and without much research. We had a fantastic stay. The staff were friendly and efficient and the atmosphere was cosy, relaxed and inviting. This looks and feels lime a hotel that is doing well and ploughing money back into the business.The hotel both inside and out is maintained to a very high standard and the view from our room onto the back gardens was lovely.
To my initial horror, there was a wedding in the hotel the night we were staying. My husband and I had braced ourselves for lots of late night noise and general drunken, disorderly behaviour (as one would expect from any half decent wedding!). Not only did we not see the wedding party all day but there wasn't a sound to be heard all night either.
All the little extras that have slowly been stripped away from most hotels were all here. We had chocolates in our room, bathrobes and slippers.
Our room was VERY spacious for the four of us. If I was to have any gripe it would be that our bed consisted of two singles pushed together. Not a problem in itself but it could have done with a nice thick topper so you didn't feel the join. The bathroom though spotless was a little tiered looking too. But hey, you have to put these things in perspective. Did it in any way ruin our trip? No. We got what we considered a great deal for the price we paid.
I never rate hotel food. It is by and large over priced average fair from 5 star hotels down. Dinner was really very good. Service again friendly and efficient and a nice children's menu too.
And finally I have to mention breakfast. Hallelujah! It was freshly cooked! No silver dome affair with congealed eggs and sweaty bacon laying in wait to assault you senses. It is so rare these days to get a breakfast cooked to order and there is simply no comparison.
So, all in all I would recommend this hotel to anybody as a first class place to stay. Well done to all the staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named in the top 10 of hotels in Ireland on TripAdvisor, the 4 star Ballygarry House Hotel in Tralee Co. Kerry has been in the same family for over 50 years & owner Padraig McGillicuddy knows how to make you feel at home. The hotel's warm interior offers plenty of corners to hide away with a good book to indulge in afternoon tea, and Brooks restaurant serves modern Irish cuisine using the best of local Kerry produce. The Brasserie at Ballygarry House offers casual dining daily from 12.30. This Kerry Hotel provides visitors with the perfect base to explore Kerry and The Wild Atlantic Way with plenty of attractions and activities nearby. No visit to Ballygarry Hotel Tralee is complete without a visit to Nadur Spa which offers traditional Irish Seaweed Soaks as well as hot tub, thermal suite & rejuvenating mud wraps. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballygarry House Hotel Tralee
- Ballygarry House Hotel And Spa
- Ballygarry Hotel Tralee