“Excellent Hotel”

Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We had a short family break for a few days last week at the Ballygarry House. Service was excellent and all staff were very friendly with absolutely fantastic food as well as a beautifully appointed spa.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Dear Guests,

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Ballygarry House Hotel.

We have a great team of management and staff and they really do make all the difference. If you are ever in the area again I would highly recommend a few hours exploring Ballyseedy Woods with the family.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I have just attended a wedding at Ballygarry house.....wow , fabulous !
The moment you walk through the door the welcome was superb , the welcome drinks were greatly received and a great choice.
Then into the beautifully decorated function room, the scene took our breaths away.
The menu choices were superb, the orders were taken quickly and efficiently.
Then the food service started ! One subtle motion and the well drilled and efficient waiting staff were there carrying plates of the most gorgeous fish cakes and chicken and mushroom pastry I have tasted in many a year !
Then came the vegetable soup flavoursome to the last piping hot spoonful !
The sirloin steak delivered with the expected aploom, served with gratin potatoes , mashed potatoes, two veg AND pepper sauce !
Well I have to admit by now I was getting a bit FULL but it was fabulous melt in your mouth steak.
Now you would think that was it but no ! There was the baked alaska to come..well I have eaten on cruise liners eaten in Dubai and I was only just old enough to remember them the first time round but this was the best I have yet to have !
Then I could only just squeeze in a coffee before slumping in a rather sturdy arm chair.
The wedding was great...now I have just heard there are sandwiches at midnight. ...HELP.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alan R

Dear Alan,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. John our head chef was delighted with the feedback and of course our food and beverage staff also.

We always ensure that every guest at a wedding feels as comfortable, welcome and happy as possible, and from reading your review I think that thoroughly enjoyed yourself!!

Once again many thanks and I hope you were able for the sandwiches!!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I stayed for 2 nights last weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff at reception, the bar and the breakfast room were all very helpful and added to a great experience. I particularly enjoyed the Irish breakfast which, in my opinion, was cooked to perfection.

The room was very spacious, clean and had everything required for a comfortable stay. I was happy with this hotel and it gets great reviews on tripadvisor which it really does deserve.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 111
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your lovely review. A family wedding is always a great day out and we do our utmost to ensure that everyone enjoys their stay with us.

Our breakfast always gets great reviews, there's a great selection for all and there's nothing nicer than a freshly cooked Irish breakfast to start the day.

Once again many thanks for your review

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

This trip was booked for my birthday from my boyfriend and we added some spa treatments as extras. It was very easy to find and travel to. We were absolutely amazed by the beauty of the hotel and the grounds around it - really beautiful place and surrounding scenery. We were welcomed by very friendly staff and we were pleased with our room which was not too far away from the spa and back exit to the garden area. We enjoyed a few drinks and relaxed while here. We got treatments in the spa and the staff in the spa were especially friendly, asking how our trip down was and even wished me happy birthday and gave me a little gift when leaving, it was lovely! We had unlimmited access to the spa facilities which included a stream room, sauna and outdoor hot tub which were immaculately clean! We had dinner one of the nights which was included in the room price and it was really lovely, we were stuffed and couldnt eat anymore! The restaurant staff were very friendly and helpful, couldnt do enough for us. We will definitely travel back here and maybe stay for longer next time!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa. I was delighted to read that you chose Ballygarry to celebrate your birthday and that it was such a great experience for you both.

We have a great team in the Hotel and Spa and they really do add to our guests experience. John our head chef was delighted with your feedback.

Once again many thanks for your review and I hope you can welcome you back for your next birthday!!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed here for a couple of days last weekend. Room 401 or 402, I cant remember. Anyway, we were (it seemed anyway) directly above the wedding reception. The band were very loud, while this was ok when we attended the wedding, it was absolutely impossible to sleep the next night when another wedding was on. My sister got up and danced around her room it was so loud. Added to that, outside our window was some machine running huge loud fans, I think above the kitchen. You could hear them loudly all morning, day and right into the night when the windows were closed and with them open (as it was very warm) they were extremely loud and smells of dinner filled the room.
My brother (the groom) told me he arranged for us to have late check outs. I just phoned to confirm it (from my sisters room as our phone didn't work) since we couldnt sleep that night and was told they needed the room and we could have 30 mins max. Que a mad rush to pack up.
You have to go outside and around the hotel to get from the wedding reception to the room, I thought this was strange and inconvenient when it was raining.
The hotel looks nice, the rooms were clean and comfortable, most of the staff were pleasant and I believe some of the rooms are quieter however I was bitterly disappointed with our stay. Our terrible room left us tired and unable to fully enjoy a family occasion. It is very expensive and I would have expected better. I wouldn't stay here again and I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay when a wedding could be on unless they are attending.

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 401 or 402 on the first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Niamh D
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback. We rarely have negative feedback & we take it very seriously. However its very difficult to do anything after a guest has departed.

I was here when you departed & I would of enjoyed the opportunity to explain to you that we did not select your room allocation. There are rooms that can be subject to noise & we always allocate these at the Bride & Grooms instruction.

Also there was a late departure requested & given complimentary but the second room requested it on the morning & we could not accommodate this due to a full house checking in.

On your next visit we will happily upgrade you a Junior suite with my compliments. I trust you enjoyed all other aspects of the wedding & after party.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Tomorrow night will be my 5th stay I think here. I stay on business, in every town i stay in in Ireland, I always stayin the centre of the town, but not Tralee, this Hotel is so relaxing, the attention to detail is fantastic.
The rooms are that of a 5 star in my opinion, beds very comfortable.
Wireless broadband very strong throughout, the bar is cosy, relaxing, great staff throughout, food is very good, could do with some better wines in the glass!
The hotel gives you the feel that you are in the middle of knowhere, however, town is 2 mins away by car, great setting.
There is a national park close by with a fabulous walk which i always do.
Also the SPA area, one of the best, tranquil, relaxing and a great way to unwind.
The rates here are very competitive and I would highly recommend it.
Staff are top notch, from booking, to liaising with.
Try it!!

Room Tip: Just book it. Best value compared to other Hotels in Tralee and specifically one of the large chains...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Dave,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa. It's great to hear such fantastic feedback and a great boost for staff and management alike.

The park next door is a great amenity to have on our doorstep and is a great way to relax after hard day, the outdoor tubs does the trick also though!!

Once again many thanks for your review and I hope that we can welcome you back to Ballygarry House in the future..

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Both myself, my wife and 6yr old daughter have just stayed there for a few nights.
Very first impression is how ultra-clean the entire hotel is, spotless.

Then you meet the staff, ALL of whom can not do enough for you but do so in totally non obtrusive manner which is an art in itself.

We ate casually in the bar, very tasty, just perfect and not over priced.

The rooms are what every other hotel should be, spacious, clean and very comfy.

Tralee Town centre is only 3mins drive away. Dingle only 30mins drive.

In closing, the management and staff at this hotel both understand and deliver the art of hospitality.
Thank You.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank dauphin_army

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa. It was a pleasure to read your review.

We have a great team here at Ballygarry House Hotel & Spa and I am delighted that they made you feel so welcome and comfortable.

I would agree that Hospitality is an art in itself and we really do our very best to perfect it!!