The Grand Hotel Tralee
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
The Ashe Hotel(Tralee)
View Hotel
All reviewspikeman bardick boyledenny streetno liftold worldthe pubmiddle of towndining roomgreat atmosphereseafood chowdercentral locationfriendly hotelsconesexcellent foodirish hospitalitybar foodstayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2012

I travel around the country alot for work however being from limerick and living a mere two hours away from Tralee I had planned to return home that evening, unfortunately I got held up much later then anticipated. Having been up since 6 that morning I was shattered and decided to at least look into booking a hotel for the night if it wasnt too expensive! I had eaten in 'The Grand' earlier that day and enjoyed my meal so it was the first place I tried. The girl on the phone was friendly and helpful she booked me into a double room on the first floor for a great price. I arrived less then 30mins after making my booking and the same girl at the front desk gave me advice as to where to pick up any essentials I would need for the night as I had not packed anything. All in all my stay in the grand hotel was a flying visit however the next time I'm in Tralee again it will be my first port of call, the room was clean ,staff were friendly and the food downstairs was great.( I had the fajitas,delicious!!!!)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Sarah744
GrandHotelTralee, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Tralee, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2013

Lovely to hear your comments on Trip Advisor. The next time your passing through Tralee, call in and make yourself know to management. We would only be too glad to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

recently spent a few days at the Grand Hotel whilst playing golf at Tralee Golf Club. Excellent hotel with brilliant staff. Rooms very comfortable and value for money. The adjoining bar couldnt have accomodated us any better and the food is 5 star. Many thanks to all the staff who helped make our trip all the more enjoyable. We will be back.

Room Tip: all the rooms I same were great
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank xchdave

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. The Hotel is indeed very popular with visitors to Tralee Golf Club, they often comment on the convenience of a town centre location. The Head Chef is delighted with your “food is 5 stars” comment. We hope he doesn’t get a swelled head. Hope to welcome you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

Stayed in early november,great location and free parking. Decor is a bit dated in the lobby and common areas but the rooms are more up to date. Cooked breakfast was just ok but staff are very friendly and the pub is lively

• Stayed: November 2012

Very grateful to you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. Glad to hear that you were able to avail of our “new parking arrangements”. Hope to see you again sometime soon.

Reviewed 4 November 2012

I never stayed in the Grand Hotel but did pop in for a quick lunch last month. Always a fan of sea food I ordered their seafood chowder, It might have been the best I have ever tasted, and the portion was enough to feed me for the day. If you are fussy about your sea food, visit the Grand the next time you are in Tralee. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
GrandHotelTralee, General Manager at The Grand Hotel Tralee, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2012

Delighted to hear that you were pleased with our seafood chowder. Our Head Chef Pat was thrilled with your comments and has passed on your remarks to the rest of his team. Hope to see you again sometime soon.

Dick Boyle
General Manager.

Reviewed 28 October 2012

We re-visited the Grand Hotel Tralee recently during a very busy week-end. After having a fine freshly cooked breakfast we were set up for the day. We always returned to the Pikeman Bar for our evening meal. The serving time here is so fast and the food and always freshly prepared. The staff always makes time for a smile and a chat. Live music at weekends by local musicians we felt relaxed and well looked after.
Joan /Anne

Room Tip: first floor is best
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you ladies for your very positive feedback on Trip Advisor. Our live music on Friday & Saturday is proving to be a big success. Hope to welcome you back again sometime soon.

Dick Boyle