“Nice Room”

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Melbourne
“Nice Room”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I stayed here for two nights whilst visiting family. The room was nice and it was bright. I did get the room on a special rate though and if I had to pay full price (substantially more than I paid), I would choose somewhere else. It was centrally located as well.

Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
imperialhoteltralee, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2012
Dear Ibiscuit

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We are glad that you had a positive experience during your stay with us. With regard to our rates we have a number of special offers available all year round and endeavour to make sure that our guests recieve the best value possible.

Thanks once again for your comments.

Joseph McCarthy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Wireless reception is lousy in roons, bur after all the best thing 30 euros per person can get

• Stayed November 2011
Dear Mayanr,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on here. We did indeed experience issues with our wireless access which as of January is now working without problems, thankfully.

We look forward to welcoming you to Tralee in the future.

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We had a Friday and Saturday at the Imperial and had no complaints. The room was small but comfortable. The Manager Joseph McCarthy was very helpful and obtained good seats at the National Folk Theatre, A performance every one with a bit of Irish blood should see.
The Staff were helpful and the breakfast enjoyable with newspapers provided. There was secure parking at the rear but I am sure we could have parked in the street.
We had a meal in the bar and it was very good, then we found a pub with live music. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The front was quiet, maybe the rear even quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2011

We had occasion to stay overnight in Tralee and booked into the Imperial. The receptionist couldn't have given us a warmer greeting. Really helpful. There is no lift in this hotel but that wasn't a problem. The food in the bar was excellent. We were well satisfied with both the quality of the food and the efficiency and friendliness of the staff. We would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Dear Fuschia,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Imperial Hotel. I'm delighted to see you both enjoyed your stay with us so much and look forward to welcoming you back in the future to us. I have also passed your compliments onto my team.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2011

We stayed at the Imperial for four days and it can't be beaten for location and value for money. The staff were always friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent. The car park was sometimes full, but there is plenty parking space in the street. Tip: If you get back late and there is no room in the car park, just park in the street and pay for a couple of hours. The meter timer starts at 8.30am, plenty of time to have breakfast!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Gem413
Dear Gem413,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read your glowing review of your stay here with us. I have shown your review to our staff and they are thrilled to be thanked for their service.

I do hope that you will take the oportunity to visit us here again soon, we will be delighted to welcome you back.

Best wishes

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 March 2011

On Feb 20th My Sister Cathy Donohue turned 50 years young, My family had decided to celebrate it with a Birthday Lunch in the Impearl Hotel. I would like to say thank you to the management and staff for taking such great care of us.
The Room
Happy 50th birthday signs and balloons were place around this private dining room which accommodated the 30 people attending perfectly ,it was very intimate
The Menu
The Menu was personalised with Cathy’s name on them a great touch.

The food
I had the seafood vol au vent for starter which had a great selection of shell and white fish and off course salmon, the sauce was just perfect.
I had the Lamb for my main course, the meat was cooked perfectly, tender and succulent, potatoes and vegetable cooked correctly
For Dessert I had cheese cake that was light and fluffy perfect after such a hearty main course.
And a cappuccino which was served nice and hot.

We had a kids and teenagers which were really taken care of with kids choices.

The Staff
All I can say is again thank you, you really surprised me with the excellent service , sufficient staff and always smiling and conversional

The Cost
I believe it cost somewhere around €22:00 to €25.00 per adult defiantly worth it.

Recommendation
I look forward to booking our next family function and recommend that if you are thinking about a family function for 30 people this might suit you, you will be surprised at how well you will be looked after.

Patrick Moriarty
Conrad Hotel
Dublin

• Stayed February 2011
Dublin
Reviewed 13 January 2011

The Internet access is " dreadfull".The staff tried their best to fix it. It goes 11 Mbps to 58 Mbps at a whim. And it depends what room you stay in wheather the signal is good.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business