“Charming hotel and good food”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Fremont, California
“Charming hotel and good food”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here one night at the start of our hike around the Dingle Peninsula. The staff was friendly and welcoming and the room was clean and comfortable. The building is in the historic district and well-maintained. The hotel is a short walk from the train/bus station and is near the Kerry County Museum and the town park and rose garden. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the hotel restaurant at a very reasonable price. I had the baked salmon and my wife had the Cajun chicken salad and both were delicious.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Alton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We dined here on 'The Early Bird' menu. The food was delicious and well presented. The steak and the hake were cooked to perfection. The strawberry gateau was the best I have ever tasted. Overall a lovely meal and excellent value for money. We would certainly dine here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Kinsale, Ireland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The room was not clean, the toilet had problems flushing. The sink faucets were reversed. The WiFi was very inconsistent . I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The food was very bad. This hotel is not a good value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
OliveSheehan1, Owner at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Natalie

It was with great disappointment I read your review on your stay with us recently. I am sorry you did not enjoy your time with us. I am not sure if you brought the problems to the attention of the staff as where possible we would have tried to rectify them rather than allow you leave as disappointed as you did..

I am sorry you have now a bad impression of The Imperial, as it is our constant goal that guests have a good experience whilst with us.Thank you for your feedback , it is through this we can learn and improve.
Regards
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The Imperial Hotel was the perfect base for our 7 day exploration of Tralee, the Dingle Peninsula and Killarney. Our double room on the first floor was clean, comfortable and spacious.
The staff were warm and friendly and we were always greeted with a smile.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 01Sonya
Newcastle West, Ireland
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is an old style hotel without lifts to upper floors, so if you have a problem with stairs this is not for you. I enjoyed my stay over the May bank holiday week-end. The room was comfortable and clean, my only complaint was that the milk provided for tea and coffee was out of date. The food in the bar down stairs was excellent and reasonably priced. Over-all the service was very good and staff very friendly and efficient. Good value in my opinion.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank DMario
OliveSheehan1, Owner at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Etienneandhelena

Thank you for submitting your review on your time with us. It is very pleasing to hear such positive feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and especially your meal. I will pass your comments on to our head chef Brenda and all the staff.
Tripadvisor is a vital tool in gaining more business so thank you for this review on here.
I hope you enjoyed your trip to Ireland overall and if you are ever in the area again , we would love to welcome you back to The Imperial.
Kind Regards
Tralee, Ireland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had the pleasure of spending 8 days at the Imperial Hotel on Denny St., Tralee Co. Kerry and I must say as one who has stayed in hotel all over the world the Imperial Hotel in Tralee was the best experience I've every had. The staff, room and the service was next to perfect. The staff and the owners of the Hotel could not do enough for me and look after every whim I had. This hotel is the best place to stay in Tralee, Co. Kerry, Ireland.

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool I hit this section by accident. Room on the back side of the hotel are qui...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank 656Joseph47
Kerry
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We went out for dinner here recently and regretted it, the staff were untidy with dirty uniforms unkept hair and dirty hands and fingernails they were barley 16 if that and serving alcohol.Glasses were dirty with lipstick stains on them and the food was mediocre, I ordered a curry which had clearly been made using a packet of sauce bought in the nearby store, will never go back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
imperialhoteltralee, Owner at Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear Mairead

It was with deep regret I read your recent review of your experience in the Imperial Hotel..

It is through customer feedback that a business improves, grows and progresses.

I take all your observations very seriously and would welcome the opportunity at your convenience to discuss the issues in greater detail.
You can contact me directly on 066 7127755.

Once again I would like to express my disappointment about your experience with us and look forward to hopefully hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards