“Excellent Food and Special Surprise”
Review of Brooks Restaurant - CLOSED

Brooks Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We enjoyed a dinner at the Brooks Restaurant to celebrate our 30th anniversary trip while staying at the beautiful manor home, Ballygarry House. The food was fabulous, the dinner was served with care allowing time between each course. We had two wonderful surprises, the first was a special treat from the chef of a new appetizer - he sent it to us and asked for our feedback and it was delicious! The second surprise was writing "Happy 30th Anniversary" on both of our desserts - how sweet, thoughtful and nice! The service was excellent, the food was delicious and we have memories we will treasure forever! Thank you!!!

4  Thank J O
MrP_McGillicuddy, Owner at Brooks Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We are delighted you decided to spend your anniversary with us here at Ballygarry House and i am pleased to see we did not disappoint. Our Head Chef John will be delighted with your feedback and i will pass on your kind words to all the team here.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Best wishes,

Padraig

Reviewed 21 May 2014

What a great meal. My wife and I had dinner this evening at Brooks at the Ballygarry House Hotel in Tralee. From the appetizer through to the main course everything was superb. The chef sent out a totellini with a garlic cream sauce. If it was on the menu as an entree I would have ordered it. I had the sirloin. It was cooked perfectly. My wife had the baked hake. She said it was the best she had ever had.
We highly recommend this restaurant for a nice evening out when in the Tralee area.

2  Thank Peter L
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A place I will return again and again,
The staff is on the ball, even when very busy they keep their attention to you…
The food is excellent quality and cooked beautifully, wide choice.
The ambiance is cosy & intimate.
Enjoy a stroll in the garden after dinner or chill in the lobby's cosy sofas…

1  Thank Poppy D
Reviewed 7 March 2014

we had a lovely meal in the hotel retaurant the food was hot and tastsy and the service was excellant the staff were very friendly and attentive

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Having dined in brooks restaurant on numerous occasions I knew what to expect excellent food, excellent service and very friendly staff. We wanted to do something different so when I saw that they were having a seafood speciality night we were very excited. Oh my god it was above our expectations. The food was delicious, we enjoyed every minute. It was a fantastic night and we are looking forward to the next speciality night.

1  Thank NanaBeas
MrP_McGillicuddy, Manager at Brooks Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Rosaleen,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to Brooks, I am delighted you had a great night, and i see that you have your table already booked for our Tapas Night on the 9th of May.

Thanks again Rosaleen,