“Nice food, service is hit and miss, and the tables are never clean”

O'Donnell's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 118 Restaurants in Tralee
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I've eaten here for lunch quite a few times, as I used to live and work around the corner. The food is very nice...I have tried quite a few different items from the menu and all have been very tasty. What prevents me from returning more often is that the tables are never cleaned properly. They always have Akins of greasiness and it really puts me off. Similarly, the last time I ate here, the floor was filthy.

I have to agree also with a couple of the reviews below..the service isn't up to standard..it just doesn't come across as professional. I was shocked to read (below) the managements response to feedback about a waitress chatting over the counter. I agree that it is often the case.

O'Donnell has nice food, but if the staff could be more professional, improve the service and keep the place cleaner I'd be giving it five stars. It's just a pity that they can't seem to see the difference between ok service and great service.

odonnells m, Manager at O'Donnell's Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear MollTralee,
Thank you for your comments. We always welcome constructive feedback which can help us to improve our product and service in our Bar & Restaurant. We always work extremely hard to accommodate our customers to give the best possible service & quality in our establishment ensuring cleanliness & customer satisfaction. Regarding the management response, we may not always agree when comments get personal and derogative at specific members of the staff .
Again, thank you for your comments; we hope to see you in O Donnell’s again soon.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I'm guilty of visiting a few times a week. I recently had the special boiled bacon with mash and veg. The bacon came with a mustard cream which I'm not normally a fan of but I could have liked the plate. It was really beautiful. I'm also a huge fan of the roast beef and mash on a Sunday. To be fair I really couldn't fault anything I've eaten there.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Great early bird menu, tasty open sandwiches and perfect price! I stayed in Tralee inly for 10 days and I ate in O'Donnell's three times!
Wonderful :-)

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Drove past this place five times before I even knew it was there. Turned out to be a very pleasant restaurant. I would definitely recommend it to anyone-especially those that don't want to drive to Spa or Fenit.

Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Couldn't get enough of the chili con carne! My boyfriend can't eat dairy, and the chef came out if the kitchen to go over the menu with him, which was a first for us in our month long trip around Ireland. He loved the burger he had! Later, we were offered a lift to Dingle by the owners if the pub. Lovely place, lovely food, lovely people.