“Great host and a great stay”
Review of The Forge

The Forge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tralee
The Forge
Ranked #16 of 53 Tralee B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“Great host and a great stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We arrived in Tralee without a booking around 5.30pm and were very fortunate to find this really wonderful place. A huge home and a very large block surrounded by attractive gardens.

Louise was lovely host providing information the city, its attractions, restaurants and importantly where and when to park free of charge.
We now understand the story of the Rose of Tralee
Our room was pristine, bright and spacious. Toiletries were in the room and the towels were changed daily.

Breakfast was huge and well prepared. Really loved the fresh berries and the full Irish really set us up well for the day. At piece of fruit around 2pm was all we needed between breakfast and dinner.
There was a large guest lounge the dining room and also coffee and tea were always available in the conservatory. When we arrived Louise proved tea and coffee. Wi Fi was fast and reliable. At 35Euros pp we thought The Forge was great value and would recommed it highly
Adrian & Kaye Australia

Room Tip: All rooms are upstairs but from what we saw they were all good. There are festivals in Tralee and i...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 July 2013

On my arrival at The Forge, I was welcomed by Louise, shown my room and given a fresh pot of tea in the conservatory, just perfect after my journey. My room was quiet and comfortable and everything worked well. Louise could not have been kinder in meeting my requirements, making her home an oasis for me at the beginning and end of long working days. Sean's glorious rose garden made a delightful place to sit and relax and I picked up some gardening tips too!
I enjoyed delicious breakfasts, including fresh fruit and beautifully cooked food, which set me up for the day ahead.
The Forge made an ideal centre for travelling all over Kerry and I have already made further bookings.

Room Tip: My room was at the back of the house and was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have stayed here many times on my visits to Tralee, and I am always impressed by the great service, beautiful surroundings and warm welcome. Very nice, large, comfortable rooms in a a warm and friendly family home. Louise is a wonderful host and presents the best breakfast you will find in any establishment. I would highly recommend a stay at The Forge.

Ps. Check out the beautiful rose garden, so nice on a sunny evening.

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo