The Forge
US$197
US$162
Agoda.com
US$200
Tralee Benners Hotel(Tralee)(Great Value!)
US$136
Agoda.com
US$82
All reviewslouisehostessensuiteshowerbreakfast
Reviewed 19 November 2013

After calling at another B&B only to be told they were full, we were pointed in the direct of the Forge just up the road. Thank goodness for that, what a nice person Louise turned out to be. Good with the information about Tralee, the sites and places to eat. A really nice, clean and comfortable home. Our room was large and the decor was very nice. Large clean ensuite. Lovely dining room, light and sunny also a big conservatory. Breakfast - full Irish breakfast plus other choices on the menu. Large off street parking area, nice gardens surrounding the home. We were very happy to stay there and would not hesitate to recommend the Forge.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2013

A purpose built B&B. Very nice. Has the feel of a big, southern home. Beautiful home, lovely rooms. A beautiful glass sitting room and lovely garden. Louise was the perfect hostess. Very easy to find and plenty of parking. A laundry is close by.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Buck S
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We arrived in Tralee without a booking around 5.30pm and were very fortunate to find this really wonderful place. A huge home and a very large block surrounded by attractive gardens.

Louise was lovely host providing information the city, its attractions, restaurants and importantly where and when to park free of charge.
We now understand the story of the Rose of Tralee
Our room was pristine, bright and spacious. Toiletries were in the room and the towels were changed daily.

Breakfast was huge and well prepared. Really loved the fresh berries and the full Irish really set us up well for the day. At piece of fruit around 2pm was all we needed between breakfast and dinner.
There was a large guest lounge the dining room and also coffee and tea were always available in the conservatory. When we arrived Louise proved tea and coffee. Wi Fi was fast and reliable. At 35Euros pp we thought The Forge was great value and would recommed it highly
Adrian & Kaye Australia

Room Tip: All rooms are upstairs but from what we saw they were all good. There are festivals in Tralee and if you arrive without a booking during those times it will bw very difficult to get any room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2013

On my arrival at The Forge, I was welcomed by Louise, shown my room and given a fresh pot of tea in the conservatory, just perfect after my journey. My room was quiet and comfortable and everything worked well. Louise could not have been kinder in meeting my requirements, making her home an oasis for me at the beginning and end of long working days. Sean's glorious rose garden made a delightful place to sit and relax and I picked up some gardening tips too!
I enjoyed delicious breakfasts, including fresh fruit and beautifully cooked food, which set me up for the day ahead.
The Forge made an ideal centre for travelling all over Kerry and I have already made further bookings.

Room Tip: My room was at the back of the house and was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have stayed here many times on my visits to Tralee, and I am always impressed by the great service, beautiful surroundings and warm welcome. Very nice, large, comfortable rooms in a a warm and friendly family home. Louise is a wonderful host and presents the best breakfast you will find in any establishment. I would highly recommend a stay at The Forge.

Ps. Check out the beautiful rose garden, so nice on a sunny evening.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo