“Outstanding”

The Park Georgian Guest House
Ranked #4 of 55 Tralee B&B and Inns
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

On my arrival I was greeted by the owner and manager Martin and Ann-Marie, whom welcomed me with open arms and they both could not have been more helpful.
We were shown to the most beautiful,spacious and tastefully decorated room. The decor was appropriate for the style of the house and finished with antiques from Martin's own family, adding an extra personal touch to the house.
The location was very central, and extremely close to wonderful restaurants and bars.
The following morning, we were shown to the dining room, we were greeted by Ann-Marie, who made us feel extremely welcome yet again. Well what can I say bout the breakfast........Oh Wow!!! I can honestly say it was far the best breakfast I have had in long while, the selection of hot and cold food was exceptional,so fresh and locally sourced.
I would recommend anyone to stay here and I'm looking forward to my next visit!
Thanks to Martin and Ann-Marie for making our stay a very memorable.

• Stayed July 2013
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here. We do always try very hard to ensure that all of our guests experience a unique and comfortable stay. In saying that we do not always succeed but that is part and parcel of this industry but it is always very rewarding to have feedback like yours.

We look forward to being in a position to welcome you back at some stage to Tralee and to the Park Georgian.

Regards;

Martin Bonner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

The place is clean and the breakfast is OK. Otherwise you may want to look elsewhere. We spent 2 hours driving around the narrow streets of Tralee trying to find this place. They did not answer their phone on 5 attempts and nobody seemed to know where it was. We happened to be there on the hottest day of the year and they only had a top floor room even though we had paid for an upgrade. When we finally arrive the owner made it our fault that (he said) his phone did not ring. The smell of alcohol was evident over the heavy after shave. Hard bed, scratchy sheets.After I complained he and his wife became very solicitous but nothing could make up for the frustration.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side away from the street highly recommended
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Traveler_N0t_T0urist
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review as I am delighted to be able to respond to it.

Firstly you did not pay for an upgrade or enquire about one. All of our rooms are of a standard finish and we do not offer or have any rooms that we could upgrade people to even if they did wish to pay a premium.

I am unsure how you could not find us for two hours. We are located on the main street in the town and not only is the building well sign posted but on the day you arrived my own car was right outside the door and is covered in advertising for the Guest House.

Your call's made to me did not connect but you did not seem to be willing to listen to what I was telling you. We did not make it your fault but as you were so abusive it was fruitless trying to reason with a person who was displaying hysterics.

In fact I was forced to go to a premises next door that this guest went into by mistake and apologise to the owner and the staff as this guest was abusive to them as well as to me and my staff..

We went to great efforts to arrange options for your partners dietary needs but if this was not to your satisfaction then I apologise.

We also went out of our way to arrange a doctor to see this guests partner late on a Friday evening but again this did not seem to be considered as helpfulness either.

You did not meet me and my wife as I don't have one, but you were very aggressive and abusive to the property manager which is why I was called away from a function I was attending on my day off to deal with you. You may be aware that most people are entitled to take time off whether they own a business or not but because I am serious about my business I left where I was to come back and deal with a situation that the staff in the guest house felt was quite abusive.

Having been a hotel manager for 12 years before opening my own business and having dealt with literally hundreds of thousands of guests I can only say that in the case of this tripadvisor member I was faced with a situation that had never happened to me before, ie being in a position of having to ask a guest to leave my establishment as I was not prepared to have my staff and customers upset any further by his insults and abuse. Thankfully this gentleman decided to leave the following morning of his own accord (for the record no cancellation fee was charged as we were just happy to have him out of our house)

I can only say that for anyone else looking at our reviews it would be prudent to bear in mind and take the opinion of the other guests who have stayed with us in the year since we have opened and make up your own mind.

If this member would like to speak to me personally about any of the issues he has raised in this open forum he is more than welcome to do so.

Yours Cordially;

Williamsburg, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

The Park Georgian Guest House was the perfect location for us. It is within easy walking distance of most of Tralee's sights as well as the train and bus stations. The accommodations were very comfortable, the staff cordial, breakfasts delicious.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for review of The Park Georgian Guest House.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found The Park so appealing. We do try very hard to ensure that our guests are happy.

I hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Ireland and that you had a safe trip home.

tralee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed in this stunning guesthouse. Personally I would consider it better than most hotels I have stayed in, and we are very well travelled.
The room was spotless , spacious and the bed was the most comfortable we have ever slept in.
Breakfast.... Where to begin.
The choice is better than we have ever seen. From cold meats, cheese, fruits, yoghurts and juices the hot menu was even more extensive, scrambled eggs with local smoked salmon, pancakes, waffles, full Irish with a range of variations.
If you are coming to Kerry a stay in this guesthouse is a must.

• Stayed June 2013
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Park Georgian Guest House on tripadvisor.

I hope that we will be in a position to welcome you back to Tralee and to The Park Georgian in the future and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

This guest house in located in the perfect location for walking within the city of Tralee. Upon arrival, the outside of the building is very pleasing to look at with it's Georgian architecture. The history of the building is interesting as well, with it being built with stones from a castle. Once in the room, however, there is nothing to speak highly of. The room is very basic and showing wear. The shower ceiling had a rather large brown stain from a previous water leak. We stayed on the 4th floor, and if we wanted anything, we had to go up and down all of the stairs to inquire, as there was not a phone in the room. In the morning, my husband had to go downstairs to ask for a blow dryer, as there was not one in the room. Breakfast was not very good. I ordered pancakes, and the middle was frozen. I guess they prepare them ahead of time, freeze them, and then just microwave them? I was surprised by this, since every other breakfast in Ireland has been quite a production, and outstanding. We loved Ireland, and we really enjoyed our one evening in Tralee. If we return though, we will not be staying at the Park Georgian.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarylandFamily6
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review. We do appreciate all guest feedback as it is only through discourse that we can ever hope to improve the quality of our product. For that reason I am very sorry that you did not make your feelings known to me while you were here as I was here during your stay and most likely cooked your breakfast so I would have been able to address the following directly with you.

None of our breakfast options are microwaved, we only use a microwave for heating baked beans. In fact most people who review us speak very highly of our rooms and particularly our breakfast.

The house was recently renovated but yes it is on a lot of floors (as are all Georgian Houses) and guest houses in Ireland generally do not have switchboard systems and internal telephone networks.

We do not put hair dryers or phone chargers in the rooms but they are all available on request.

We go to great lengths to ensure guest satisfaction and as the rest of our reviews on tripadvisor attest to our high standards I am surprised and sorry to see that in the case of your stay we did not match the expectation you had.

Yours;

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I stayed for two nights during a local festival. It was easy to find and very comfortable. The girls that work there were lovely and so helpful. One even insisted on carrying my bag up to my room when I checked in. My room faced the street but it was quiet and had beautiful curtains that kept the room dark for sleeping. The bed was firm with loads of pillows and nice linens. There was a kettle with shortbread biccies, and the small telly had lots of channels. The shower was great with lots of hot water and the towels were lovely and soft. It felt as comfortable as home. The wifi was straight forward and quick throughout my stay.

Room Tip: There is no dedicated parking but there is (paid) on street parking directly in front of the hotel...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. Comments from guests are so so helpful to us in showing us what is working for our customers and what needs to be changed.

Thank you for the comments about the decor, we do try to keep the place as classically orientated as possible to do justice to the period of the house but we are always conscious of maintaining 21st century standards.

As you stated about the lift, most Georgian building's don't have them because in the last ten years or so the planning and regulations governing protected buildings has become very limiting (although that's not a bad thing because it's about preservation) so as this house was a private home until recently no major structural work like putting in elevators is possible.

I hope that you enjoyed your stay in the Kingdom and we look forward to being in a position to welcome you back here again some time in the future.

Limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here on Friday May 31st and could not have asked for more. The staff were lovely, the room was very nice. Only thing that could have been better was a bigger TV but for the price I couldn't ask for more.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views of The Park Georgian Guest House.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry I didn't get to meet you myself as I was away that weekend but I see that Annmarie and her staff looked after you well.

I just took the place over and opened it at the end of July 2012 so there are things that still need to be upgraded and yes the small television sets are amongst them, they are due to be replaced this year.

I hope you had a safe trip home and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Park Georgian some time in the future.