“A nice stay but ...”

The Park Georgian Guest House
Ranked #6 of 54 Tralee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stopped for two nights in Tralee last May during a golfing trip across Ireland. Park Georgian is conveniently located in town centre. Our room was large and nice, but bathroom was pretty small and shower really tiny. Not handy at all. Like most places we stayed at during our trip, we noticed some lack of darkness in the room after sunrise, disturbing our sleep after 5am. Annoying.
Breakfast was very good and staff very kind. All in all, we had a good experience but it didn’t completely match our expectations.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AuldCom
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Park Georgian Guest House on tripadvisor.

I am sorry that you were not entirely happy with all aspects of your stay. Yes some of our en suite bathrooms are small which is a result of the fact that the building is almost 200 years old and therefore putting modern conveniences in rooms that were never designed for them can be problematic. As for the issues with the sunlight, Cork and Kerry do enjoy more hours of daylight than the northern half of the country but really we are not in control of this.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings and that you found the staff so friendly and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in Ireland.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Even though we stumbled upon this guest house and nabbed its very last room, we found the place charming. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Located in the heart of Tralee, it is conveniently located among shopping, dining and nightlife.

Our room was the smallest in the place and obviously assigned to guests last. Matt (?) kept apologizing about its size and lack of charm. But even though my daughter and I had to step around each other quite a bit, I found it lovely. At least until the German lady next door made her rather loud phone call at 6:00 am.

The breakfast was one of the best we'd had in Ireland during our stay. Custom made to order with plenty of tea and coffee flowing.

We highly recommend making this your home when in Tralee. Just make reservations to ensure a more sizable and posh room.

Room Tip: Make reservations to ensure a quality room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank MTNesting
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

You are very kind to share your observations of The Park Georgian, we very much appreciate your kind words.

I must apologise again for the size of the room you got but as you said correctly it is a "last sale" room because of it's size. Most of our rooms are much much larger and more in keeping with the general ambiance of a Georgian property.

That said I am delighted that you were so happy with your stay and your breakfast although I am sorry about the "loud German lady" we don't usually have problems with noise.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Ireland and that you and your daughter had a safe trip home.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We booked a night here at very short notice and were greeted with a very friendly welcome. All the staff were attentive and the room clean and spacious. The building is very grand and right across from a lovely park. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David J

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Park Georgian. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and I very much look forward to being able to host you again should you be in the area.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at The Park Georgian Guest House for 4 nights and I can't thank Martin enough for the great service! Our room was large and roomy and we had excellent cooked breakfasts by Jama (sorry about spelling). We asked if there was a laundry where we could wash our clothes and Martin said they would wash them for us. That was great, as it meant I didn't have to take time away from my sightseeing to wash clothes! The location is perfect as it is in the center of town, making it easy to walk to dinner after a long day of sightseeing. Our GPS, but we were able to walk to the electronics store, from the guest house! When I had made my reservation to stay here, my husband had just had brain surgery for a subdural brain bleed, so I was concerned that he would struggle driving on the other side of the road. He wanted to play golf at Ballybunion and would need to drive there alone ad I shared this with Martin and he volunteered to drive my husband to golf and also take me to the spa which really gave me a sense of peace. When we got there, Martin had not been feeling well, and I told him not to worry about driving my husband to golf, but he said he had already arranged a taxi to drive him there and then take me to the spa. I couldn't believe it!

Martin knows how to provide excellent customer service! We so enjoyed meeting him and this bed and breakfast is a great location if you want to do a day in Dingle, golf at Ballybunion, etc. If you want to feel cared for, stay here!

Room Tip: For a quieter room, ask for a room that is not on the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mwalker45
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind review.

We were delighted to be able to host you here and it was a pleasure to do so.

I hope that you had a really good time in Ireland, I am sorry that I did not get a chance to assist you more during your stay as I was recovering from double pneumonia and a viral infection but I am so happy that Cora and Jemma looked after you so well.

I hope that the rest of your stay in Ireland was as relaxing as the time you spent in Tralee seems to have been.

Our very warmest regards;

Owner

Reviewed 28 April 2014

had the pleasure of staying here over the Easter weekend, smack bang in the center of town overlooking the park, it has large comfortable rooms with a real elegance to them, the staff are top class and the breakfast is very good, better than most hotels in price quality and service

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnthelock
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Park Georgian Guest House.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much hope to be in a position to welcome you back to Tralee and to The Park Georgian in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Great service,very warm hospitality,spacious well finished rooms,excellent breakfast and all at a very afffordable price.
Placed in the centre of tralee,fabulous local restaurants,theatre (Siamsa),shopping and aqua dome/geraldine experience for kids.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank resistivism
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Park Georgian Guest House. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Tralee and that you had an opportunity to spend some time using the many local amenities that are all within walking distance of us here on Denny St.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Tralee and to The Park Georgian at some stage in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This is my third time staying at the Park Georgian Guest House wow is all I can say what a great job martin and all the team are doing on Denny Street sooo friendly and helpfull.
Bedrooms are beautifully designed with that personal touch and homely feel I love makes me want to return. Breakfast is a must delicious homemade choices nothing is a hassle for the kitchen they will deliver and omg that full irish breakfast is to die for.
Location seconds form the buzz of Tralee town center shopping, great restaurants, pubs all within walking distance perfect fo us. Again well done Martin and all you really do go above and beyond will be highly recommending you to all my friends cant wait for my return during the summer holidays.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kate S
MBO82, Owner at The Park Georgian Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your continued support and your kind comments.

We do strive to ensure that all our guests have a unique experience and an enjoyable time here with us.

I very much look forward to seeing you here again soon and welcoming you back to Tralee and to The Park Georgian.