“Great addition to Tralee!”
Review of The Roast House

The Roast House
Ranked #10 of 119 Restaurants in Tralee
Price range: US$2 - US$17
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Roast House brings to Tralee Speciality House Roasted coffee selected from the finest coffee bean producers in the world and freshly roasted in house, served alongside menus that are designed to support the very best of homegrown Local produce. The food is cooked simply and to perfection relying on its freshness to shine through. The Roast House is committed to bringing all that is great of Irish produce to its customers at a time that it is so important to support and value our local producers and farmers.The Roast House is open Monday to Saturday, 9a.m to 5p.m, serving Breakfast & lunch.
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We happened upon this delightful cafe/restaurant on a recent visit to Tralee. As we were there around lunchtime, lots of the customers were business people so I didnt think they would be too happy to see 2 small children coming in the door! I couldn't have been more wrong. The girl who greeted us gave us a choice of tables & brought a high chair and kids menus immediately. Our order was taken very promptly by the manager, she assured us that children's portions would arrive quickly and they did. Delicious baby bowl and sausages & chips (more options would be good!). For the adults, sandwiches were fab, bread freshly baked and generous fillings and side salad. Chips were also lovely. We finished with coffees and cakes, yum! Would highly recommend this place. Service was friendly and efficient & food great. I look forward to returning on our next visit.

1  Thank amd99
MrsCTralee, Owner at The Roast House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our restaurant. Very glad to hear you enjoyed it. We are more than happy to see "smallies" coming in and we are working on some more child friendly options before we print our Winter menus. Very happy to hear you enjoyed your food and the service and we greatly appreciate you giving us your custom.

Linda Hurley,
Co-Proprietor at The Roast House.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Love this place. The food is always amazing. Simple done well. I bought my kids in one day as a treat they are budding foodies and love food of all types but still have some limitations. we didn't feel we could order anything without deconstructing each dish. It would be great if you could offer one or two dishes for kids ...not chicken nuggets I hasten to add but maybe a nice pasta dish or half dinner. Thanks I'll still be back for a quite breakfast or lunch now they are gone back to school.

1  Thank 4,456,788,999

Hi,

Thank you for your review and your feedback. You are correct that we dont have a childrens menu at the moment although in recent weeks (I'm not sure when you and your family were in) we have been offering a choice of a penne pasta dish with a homemde ragu or sausages with chips for children. It isnt yet in print that these options are available. But you are right and it is something we are looking at and definitely nuggets will not be appearing on the menu! To be honest we are slow to add the sausages and chips option as we would like to offer options that are a little healthier (but still appealing!) We are mulling it over before we print our menus again for the winter. Thank you for bringing them in and i hope we found something on the day that they liked. If you/or your kids have any suggestions we would love to hear them...you could pop them onto our facebook page if you have time.

Co-Proprietor at The Roast House

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Having holidayed near Castlegregory for the last 20 years I have been in Tralee on
a number of occasions during my vacation.
It is with regret that I only discovered The Roast House on one of my last visits
to Tralee this year.
The extensive menu coupled with the professional & efficient staff and lovely ambience
contributed to making my visit most enjoyable.
This restaurant is a welcome addition addition to the town.
Well done to all concerned and be assured it will be the first of many visits to this first class establishment

2  Thank JohnFerriter

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your review and thanks for coming in while you were in Tralee. It was a great Summer for holidaying in Ireland this year and hopefully we will have the same next year when you come back to Kerry and sure you know where we are now! We look forward to giving you the same level of food and service when you return! Thanks again.

Linda Hurley
Co-Proprietor at The Roast House

Reviewed 24 August 2013

Since we were staying at The Grand Hotel right across the
street from The Roast House, we took a stroll over and had
lunch there outside one Saturday. It was a beautiful day for
outside dining and of course Denny Street always has
something going on. The service was wonderful and our
luncheon was just delicious. We surely will return again when
we visit Tralee again next August.

1  Thank Jinglegirl

Hello Jinglegirl,

Many thanks for your kind review. So glad you enjoyed your experience here. Great that you got some Florida style sunshine on Denny street! We look forward to having you with us again next August.

Linda Hurley
Co-Propreitor at The Roast House

Reviewed 19 August 2013

For coffee lovers out there this is the place to go. I go here whenever I'm in Tralee just for the coffee. I travel a bit and I must say this is the best I've had. The decor also lends itself well to the overall experience.
I've sampled the food also and its quiet nice and well presented. A nice addition to Tralee.

2  Thank Good F

Hi GoodF,

Thank you for your review and for making us off on your visits to Tralee. It is great to hear of repeat customers as this is the only real indication that we are getting something right and repeat custom is invaluable of course. We hope you will spread the word and call to see us again!

Linda Hurley,
Co-Proprietor at The Roast House.