“Excellent Dinner!”

Ranked #5 of 111 Restaurants in Tralee
Price range: US$2 - US$16
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Roast House brings to Tralee Speciality House Roasted coffee selected from the finest coffee bean producers in the world and freshly roasted in house, served alongside menus that are designed to support the very best of homegrown Local produce. The food is cooked simply and to perfection relying on its freshness to shine through. The Roast House is committed to bringing all that is great of Irish produce to its customers at a time that it is so important to support and value our local producers and farmers.The Roast House is open 7 days a week, serving Breakfast/Brunch & lunch. We serve Brunch on Sundays from 10.00a.m until 2.00pm
“Excellent Dinner!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My family and I enjoyed an excellent meal while visiting Tralee last week- highly recommended by friends in the area. Food, service and environment were commendable!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank alameday

Kenmare, Ireland
“Nice!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Found this to be one of the few places open for breakfast at 9:30 on a weekday in Tralee, so went in. Nice atmosphere, very clean, good service and the breakfast was good. That's all I was looking for!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Madeit2Ireland
Dublin
“Delicious food. Lovely place. Shame about the service!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We have visited this delightful restaurant on many occasions. Was there again with my husband and children the other day after the lunch rush. It was still very busy and we waited for some time for a table to become available. During this time noone paid us any attention or approached us at all. Waiting staff walked by behaving as if we were invisible, very irritating! Eventually we got a table and seated ourselves. Again we were completely ignored and in the end I had to call a girl to clear the table and provide us with menus. Things improved a lot after that, we got a delicious lunch, sandwiches are really great quality and well filled. However, service again fell down once our order arrived. Place had emptied considerably but noone came to check whether we needed anything, noone bothered to clear our empty plates and noone asked if we would like coffee or dessert. I really feel the management need to address this total lack of customer service. The restaurant is so nice, food is fabulous and atmosphere is very pleasant, it is a shame to leave feeling that things should be so much better!!!

1 Thank amd99
MrsHTralee, Owner at The Roast House, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Hi amd99,

Thank you for your review. I think you were generous to give us 4 stars, and thank you for that, considering the service was obviously lacking on the day for which I sincerely apologise. There is no excuse for poor service so we will be speaking to the staff regarding this review. In defence all I can say is that, thankfully the season has overall been extremely busy. Because obviously we dont work off a booking system it can be very hard to guage just when its going to suddenly get really busy (outside of the obvious lunch period) and i have to admit we have been 'caught on the hop' on a couple of occasions this summer where some staff had been sent on their breaks because it had eased off and we just got hit with a big crowd again. Now that's not much good to you as you had a bad experience on the service front so we will certainly be endeavouring to avoid these situations. As a business we have to be able to justify having the number of staff on a given day and it can be a difficult one to call. We have just been open for 2 seasons and this one has been completely different to the last. From Week to week one monday for example, can be quiet, and the next monday crazy. But thank you for your points and we will learn from it. Very glad you enjoyed the food and I hope this last experience doesn't deter you from returning again to visit us.

Kind Regards,

Linda Hurley

Co-Prop @ The Roast House
Ireland
“Yummy ....”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Visited the Roast House yesterday (28/07/14). I was just passing through Tralee at lunchtime and needed to stop for something to eat. Found the restaurant by accident but I'm so glad that I did ... Food was delicious - I had warmed goats cheese & beetroot salad, with house roasted fries. Total came to €11.00 approx. It was very, very tasty. Also the food quality was excellent; and the service was quick and very friendly. The restaurant was very busy, and very clean too. It also had outside seating. Would definitely recommend it to anyone visiting Tralee. Enjoy.

I forgot to ask the lady who served me her name; but I sat at Table 1 at around 14h00 - so hopefully she will see this review and know that I appreciated her friendliness and efficiency. Many thanks - I will be back!

• Visited July 2014
Kerry, Ireland
“A Very Pleasant Experience”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The decor in this cafe/restaurant is really nice - relaxed and calming. The coffee was delicious as were the pastries we had with it. I'd definitely recommend it for coffee breaks. We didn't have lunch but the food on tables around us looked really good.

Visited July 2014