“Too child friendly”

Price range: US$2 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Irish, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Relaxed Family Style Restaurant serving Daily Specials, Gourmet Sandwiches, Hot Meals, Homemade Soups and Salads - Specialising in using local produce, freshly cooked to order and yet still providing value for money. Catering for all dietary needs, and providing facilities for families. The imaginative rustic interior is welcoming.Based in Tralee town centre, Yummy also includes a local food market with a delicious range of produce. #Tralee #Kerry #Ireland Full Details on Social Media yummycafemarket
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Just got here on time for breakfast (stops at 12pm). The breakfast was one of the best I've had in a long time. Freshly cooked and good products. Would be 5 star except for the amount of kids and buggys. I was trying to eat my breakfast and people with buggy kept hitting it off my chair, even though I moved my chair in as far as possible. They have a great play area for kids but the parents seem to forget they have kids as soon as they leave them in the play area. They have the best french toast and maple syrup I've ever had

1  Thank Marie B
KenTralee, Owner at Yummy Cafe Market, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Hi Marie, don't know if you can ever be 'too child friendly' - lots of places forget that families want somewhere nice to eat too, so while I know you meant it as a criticism to be too friendly to families, we'll take it as a compliment.
Apologies that your chair was hit by some buggys though, and we hope our good food made up for that somewhat - a good tip for next time, our seating in the snug area at the end of the cafe is perfect for a quieter moment in Yummy.
Thanks for giving us your custom, we really do appreciate it.
Ken

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

This place has good food and is very child friendly which is brilliant unless you want to go somewhere for lunch without children. It's not a screaming creche but maybe I've been lucky. Love the decor and the feel of this place. Worth a try.

KenTralee, Owner at Yummy Cafe Market, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thanks Neil, the great thing about having a place for the kiddies to hang out is that they're more content and therefore quieter...so, nope its never a screaming creche
Thanks for popping in, see you again soon

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Lovely place to have lunch and have also enjoyed breakfast there. Would recommend their porridge.. fabulous.Very child friendly,perhaps a bit noisy if needing a quiet lunch,nevertheless overall excellent. .

Thanks a mil Cath - we do have quieter days for lunch, especially when the kids are back in school, but delighted you still love yummy

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

I have visited this unpretentious relaxed friendly establishment on several occasions on my own & with family the food is fresh well presented & served with a gentle friendlyness, the decor is boho & inviting and prices are reasonable, would definitely recommend a visit.

Boho...love it! Thanks a mil for the great review, see u again soon

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We tried here for breakfast over the weekend. We both had the full Irish, which was excellent. Great quality produce.

Unfortunately, this place can be testing, to say the least, if you don't have children. It's clearly family-friendly, which is great if you have children. If you don't, and you are looking for a quite relaxing place for breakfast, this is not it unfortunately.

Also, the queuing system they have in place, or at least the manner in which it is staffed, is very frustrating. It can take a very long time to order and pay for food.

The food here is undoubtedly excellent, but we did not have a relaxing and peaceful breakfast. Like I wrote, great for those with young children, but I did not enjoy the experience. I gave this place 4 stars because the food is very good, but unfortunately I do not think I will be returning in the near future.

KenTralee, Owner at Yummy Cafe Market, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Hi Exile, thanks for giving us 4 Stars, we really appreciate it. It sounds like the cafe was too hectic to warrant another visit - if its any good to you we do have quieter days, and 1 of these really might be what u need.
The place is pretty much always busy with kids when they're off school, and we are incredibly grateful for it, families often get overlooked when it comes to somewhere nice to eat.
The Q system might seem a bit nuts, but it works...no really it does - or at least thats what we tell ourselves
Thanks for coming in, and thanks for loving our food.