Manor West Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$197
US$162
Agoda.com
Tralee Benners Hotel(Tralee)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$128
  • Restaurant
Tralee Townhouse(Tralee)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$128
The Ashe Hotel(Tralee)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsretail parkshopping centreunderfloor heatingleisure facilitiesmaster suitegreat hotelswimming poolbusiness tripjacuzzi bathbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelfull irishrooms are spacioushotel bartop classlast weekendcouldn't fault
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights over Easter in April. Our party consisted of 3 adults and 2 small children so we had 2 rooms, 1 with a double bed (actually 2 single beds pushed together), a cot and a camp bed and the other with a double bed. The beds were fine, a bit on the hard side as was the pillow. The childs cot had a very thin mattress, through which you could feel the bars at the bottom of the cot. We ended up using the spare blanket and some towels to try to pad it out to make it more comfortable.

On Easter Sunday morning the children woke to an Easter Egg left by the Easter Bun with a personalised letter which was a lovely touch.

We ate in the hotel bar both nights and the food was good both times but nothing spectacular. The service was ok, although I sent back a glass of wine which had been given to me in glass with lipstick on it and the next time I went back to the bar it was sitting in the fridge! Then the barman (different to the one I returned the wine to) tried to sell me the same glass again - only when I told him I had already sent it back did he then throw it down the sink. Breakfast gave a good choice. On both mornings we had the full Irish and it was much better presented and tasting on the second morning. I would recommend asking for your food well done if you don't particularly like undercooked bacon, pancakes etc as they weren't cooked as much as I would have liked.

The pool was very nice, but a bit on the cold side and the cut off time of 6pm for children is a bit early if you are out and about.

The hotel in general was very clean, although the plants in the halls at the lifts could do with some TLC and a quick dusting.

Overall I would recommend the hotel, it is quiet, convenient for shopping, Tralee town and the surrounding areas..

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank prettypink21
Reviewed 16 February 2011

This Hotel is Superb. One of the nicest Fillet Steaks Iv ever eaten! The room was fantastic the food so tasty. Couldnt Fault. Keep it up guys!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traciod
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Myself and my partner stayed here for 2 nights mid week and had a fantastic time. From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and helpful. It was lunch time on a monday and the bar was busy with people on lunch. We later found out why- Food is delicious and very reasonable priced and service was great!
Rooms are cosy, clean and modern! Perfect for a little getaway- with manor shopping just across the way! Would recommend it highly!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I had cause to stay in this hotel recently to make an early medical appt in a local hospital. The hotel itself is spotless, the beds excellent and the staff most pleasant and helpfulBathroom was well equipped with nice shampoo etc and underfloor heating, a must for cold nights!!

It is literally across an access road for Manor West shopping, which was a big attraction for me in my hunt for the perfect boots!I didn't eat in the hotel on this visit ,but have been for lunch and bar food on other visits to Tralee and found it excellent

Best of all though, on my departure, early in the morning, there was a sign to say that the carpark was icy. I don't walk so well and my balance is slighty compromised so one of the ladies immediately donned her coat and walked me to my car and even offered to go back into the hotel to get water to de-ice my car. This is the kind of "extra-mile" that marks out good hotels from the average ones. I'll certainly be back for a longer stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2010

stayed her for one night in December for a business trip. Food in the bar was lovely and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, really a credit to the hotel. I had requested a smoking room but unfortunately was put in a non-smoking room although I was so tired after making my way up to bed I didnt bother asking to be moved. The room was large, had a little fridge although nothing actually in it and a super powerful shower!

The breakfast in the morning was delicious, great selection on the menu including full irish, pancakes, kippers etc as well a the usual continental fare. The location was perfect for my trip although was based in a retail park so wasnt quiet in the centre of town. About 5 mins drive from the train station.

There were a few small issues in that the bed was actually 2 beds pushed together so there was a bit of a hump in the middle and I found the room a bit cold at night. There were additional blankets in the press though. Overall I would say that this hotel was excellent value for money (€65 b&b for single) and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business