“Fantastic Hotel best in Tralee” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Manor West Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Ireland
“Fantastic Hotel best in Tralee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2008

We are only back from a fantastic weekend in tralee.we stayed in manor west hotel on the killarney road.the rooms were very modern and spotlessly clean.we ate in the walnut room restaurant .the extentsive menu was wonderful with a great choice to choose from..something for every taste..and great value for money.all staff we found to be very friendly and helpful..We would diffinately recommend this hotel for comfort,value for money and exceptional food.

• Liked — Great food
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2008

Hotel was excellent - I could not fault one thing about the weekend I spent there with my boyfriend. It is situated in a Retail Park but you don't even notice that once you step inside the door. I am definately going back - again and again.

The only fault is that the hotel is in Tralee - not the most active or appealing town that ever existed.

Hotel was top class though.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — It was in Tralee
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
cork
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2008

I have stayed in this hotel quite a number of times in 2007 and once just recently in 2008. I have to say firstly that it is a beautiful modern hotel and the rooms are fantastic. I have stayed in a double room, a double and single room and a master suite(highly recommended).The staff have always been friendly and nice and I enjoy the shopping complex next door.Unfortunatelty the breakfast is really poor and needs urgent attention by the management. I have ate in the bar for dinner and a also carvery and both were very very nice. It is then very strange when you get a really disgusting breakfast. I have tried different things on the menu and all were as bad as each other. I would not order it again, it was that bad. I also have a bone to pick with the management. This year the mini bar prices have gone way up. Vodka from 4.75 to 6.50. That in my opinon is a little bit much and I feel they are steadily going from a very reasonable hotel to a much more expensive one. Only for this I would have said I would have said I would stay again but I am a little put off by this. Is everything gradually going to increase hugely???

• Liked — Rooms were beautiful
  • Disliked — The Breakfast!!!
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
Dublin Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2007

Good location on outskirts of the town but you do need a car. A new & modern shopping mall is right beside the hotel. We stayed in a suite on the top floor with extensive windows & huge balcony but views were disappointing. Staff were very pleasant & welcoming. We stayed 2 nights over a weekend when almost all the other guests were elderly card playing people from rural parts of Ireland. The suite was the only accommodation available & we thought it overpriced when compared to the weekend rates for a standard room. The only problem we encountered was that we could not get a dinner table before 8 p.m on the afternoon of arrival & on our 2nd. morning had to wait for a table until the staff had replenished the buffet & caught up with the back log created by the group of old folks who all seemed to eat together & at the same slow pace. We would suspect that the conditions we encountered were abnormal & had we been aware that the hotel had been virtually taken over by the group of old folks we would have booked elsewhere. One benefit was that at least they were not noisy & went to bed early leaving the bar quiet & empty unlike some wdding parties we had encountered previously.

• Liked — Clean & spacious suite.
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank battyee
Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2007

I have stayed in Manor West 4 times in past year as my husband has family in Tralee. We have stayed in other Tralee hotels and there is no comparison. We got our breaks thru the Supervalue promotion so got fantastic value for money but would consider paying their full rate for the outstanding service and facilities in hotel. The decor in the hotel is lovely and everything is so modern and stylish.Staff are v friendly & efficient in general.Small complaint, had a massage & facial booked in their spa on a visit last Oct. Unfortunaley, tho I had booked it weeks in advance, they informed me on the morning that they couldn't do the pregnancy massage I was looking forward to as they hadn't the necessary pregnancy pillow they required(tho it was advertised on their brochure & website). I was v disappointed but the facial was lovely. Their leisure facilities are fab,tho water in pool has been bit on cold side several times.Have eaten in the restaurant which is lovely and we find the bar food selection is tasty & reasonable but could do with some entertainment on w/end evenings in the bar.The breakfast selection is fab, guaranteed to put on few pounds. Hope to return to MW in next few weeks with our new baby to test their child friendliness!

• Liked — Above average rooms, decor and service
  • Disliked — Temperature in bar was quite cold on several visits, also temp in pool.
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank RosCork
Washington, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2007

I booked two rooms through Hotelclub.com one double for my parents and a single for myself, three nights in August £455.

Upon arrival, which was around 9pm we were told that they have put us together in a triple room. Of course being 26 years old and not getting what we had paid for, we complained to the receptionist, duty manager and then deputy manager. The problem was that the hotel was overbooked (two coaches were parked outside).

Since we'd made the booking long ago, we were very upset and unhappy that its possible that a 4 star hotel can treat you in this way. However, the deputy manager let my parents have a room which was booked for someone else. It turned out to be a master suite - very large room. My parents were still a bit unhappy with all the commotion and it was not a good start to the holiday.

After our first excursion the next day we returned around 4.30pm and I found that my room had not been made up, which I thought was a very poor "service". We ate a meal at the hotel bar which was very good - and also used the leisure facilities which are top notch.

Little else went wrong, but on the last evening my keycard stopped working, when I went back down to reception I was simply greeted with "well it was only programmed for 2 nights" no apology, yet again not really the ambience of a 4 star hotel.

All things said and done, the management did try to apologise for all the trouble with the booking, (which they did admit was their fault and misunderstanding) and sent a bottle of wine up to the room as an apology.

Thats why the hotel has many positive points, the decor, the breakfast and food, the leisure facilities, the suite was fantastic! A little bit more effort and I'd maybe say it deserves its 4th star (even maybe a 5th)....

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Paul W
Wirral
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2007

I can confirm that this is a really nice hotel. I sampled the leisure club and it is good. Unlike some others I particularly liked the bar-which seemed suitable for all ages including families with good food and friendly staff.

However.......its location is right at the edge of the town and is too far out to walk comfortably into town and right by what can only be described as an American style mall. If you are travelling around say on business then this is a major plus..but if you are a tourist then I would question the point of staying in a location that could be anywhere. Unfortunately Ireland has not learnt the lessons of other countries that they need to curb this kind of development and I am certainly not going to be one to encourage it.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled solo