“Manor Best!!!”

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Manor Best!!!”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed in the Manor West hotel as a group of 12 and we were all blown away by the high standard of care, attention to detail and most of all, by the friendliness of the staff. We are on a tour of the West of Ireland from the very south to the top of Donegal and this hotel has been the highlight of our accommodation provision. Top class. You need to visit Tralee even just to experience the Manor West's first class reception, bar and restaurant staff. First class!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Manorwest with friends and could not fault the hotel in any way.
From arrival to departure the staff made sure every detail of our stay was catered for. The staff were the key to our stay being so good which a lot of hotels just don't get right. They all went that extra mile to make our short stay more enjoyable.
The food in the hotel was excellent as were the leisure facilities.
With a retail park right on its doorstep and so close to the many attractions of Kerry I could not recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Kilmaine34
Ballincollig, Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I am just back from a 2 night stay at the Manor West Hotel. Myself and my partner were going away for the weekend and we got a great deal on www.hotelsireland.com which included 2 nights B&B for both of us and 1 nights dinner.

We arrived at 3pm and were greeted by a lovely receptionist who was very chatty and a pleasure to speak with. She advised that our rooms were ready and told us about the times for breckfast, the location of the gym and pool and told us the location for dinner.

The room was lovely. Everything seems very modern except for the bulky tv which didn't really suit the room since everything else was fairly new looking. The best was very comfortable and we slept well both nights. Our room was on the second floor and was looking out of the front of the hotel. There was a sign on the window asking not to open the window which I found odd and at first I was worried in case the room got stuffy, but my mind was put at ease when I saw there was Air Conditioning in the room which worked very well :-). I was also impressed with the size of the fridge in the room. It was a mini fridge but you will fit plenty inside it.

We were giving two vouchers at reception for dinner which was in the hotel bar and bistro. The menu tried to have 1 option for each type of food but I would have liked to see another few options on the menu supplied as I saw other people who didn't have the meal vouchers had been giving different menus with much more choice. We each had 3 courses and both of us were very happy with the taste and the quality of the food.

The location has both pros and cons. It is ideal since it is right beside Manor West Shopping Centre which has a large Tescos. There is also a MacDonalds 200 yards from the hotel and there is an Aldi accross the road. The only negative side of the location is you will need a taxi if you want a few pints in Tralee as really walking isn't an option if your girlfriend has high heels as it is about a 20minute walk.

The gym has most machines needed for a decent workout. The pool also looks decent even though I never used it.

The hotel is a great size and I was very impressed by the hotel itself, the food and the staff. I would have no problem recommending this hotel to others :-).

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Cillian I
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 6 September 2013

OK, this hotel looks to me like it sprung up on the outskirts of Tralee town during the boom years. On entering the lobby it was noticeably quiet with one gentleman on reception. He was quite business like but there was no welcome as such. On reflection this may have been due to the fact that a tour bus was pulling up outside and he was the only one at reception to deal with everyone! My room was big and the lighting was nice and relaxing. The tv was one of the old bulky ones with messed up stations and a dodgy remote. The view from the room was of the hotels bins and recycling so I closed the curtains which had come lose from the rail. The bathroom was nice but the bedroom, for such a big room, had very little in it! The bed was very comfortable and I have to say I had a great nights sleep. I did visit the bar for some food first though and was disappointed. The bar has no character and while the staff are quick and attentive there is nothing that would want to keep you there. The bar menu is very limited and the pizza I had wasn't up to much. Breakfast was ok but the staff were lovey. Overall the hotel has no atmosphere and lacks character but the bed was comfortable!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Dublin_Family2010
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Staryed in the hotel for 5 nights in august upon arrival we were greeted by delightful receptionist really helpful , our room was lovely and spacious . Hotel is located in the manor west retail park which had lots of shops like next , debenhams TK Maxx and tesco etc and Mcdonalds was a 2 min walk from hotel which my son was delighted about , breakfast was ok though the choices would have been a little better , we did use the pool which was great ... no childrens club running when we arrived which was a huge disappointment for my son , tralee town isnt great nothing much to do in the town , so we took a trip to Killarney which was about a 40min straight run in from the hotel and kilarney was fab , would definately recommend it ... the hotel bar food was nice some portions were very small and were a little dear ... we tried the Rocky Mountain restaurant across from the hotel and it was awful wouldnt recommend it at all. One of the days it was raining so we decided to go the omniplex cinema which was only a 10 min drive from hotel and it was very cheap , we also went greyhound racing as the stadium was 5 mins from hotel and we had a great night there . Would stay in the hotel again thank you manor west .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cork
Reviewed 28 August 2013

A friend and I stayed for one night this month (august) and we found it to be faultless. Granted we only stayed on a bed and breakfast basis but in my experience it really was impeccable. Our room was really good, comfortable beds and plenty of space. Bathroom spotlessly clean. Best of all was the genuine friendly and helpful service both at reception and in the dining room. B&B at 40 euro each was exceptional value from booking.com.

If you have to visit Tralee, which unfortunately I wouldn't recommend, stay at the Manor West.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from waste disposal collection - it's too early!