“Spa Hotel?”
Review of Manor West Hotel

Manor West Hotel
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I recently stayed here for my birthday purchased by my partner. He thought he'd treat us both to a nice Spa break away. I emailed the harmony spa a couple of days before we left regarding a booking and a query i had re one of their deals but i never received a reply. We finally got there late friday afternoon after a long enough drive from Dublin. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist and found our room to be lovely and spacious. Part of the deal we availed of included a bottle of wine in the room but there was no wine. We phoned the reception and she arranged to have the wine sent up asap. An hour later we said we'd pop down to reception to make our appointments in the spa for the following evening but were told unfortunately they were all booked out and that actually there was only one beautician currently working in the spa. I cant tell you how disappointed i was and my partner for me, as he knew how much i had been looking forward to it etc. We used the leisure centre the next evening which was lovely but a word of warning, if you are looking to book this hotel for it's spa/pampering aspect, you may want to book your appointments a few weeks in advance seeing as though they only have the one beautician. Food and decor in the bar was fab, but no entertainment unfortunately so was verrry quiet in the evenings. Tralee town has lots of restaurants and lively country pubs on offer so do take a trip in, there's a great buzz about the place.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SueBoo29

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Manor West Hotel may not be your immediate choice when considering the town of Tralee but do not overlook this hotel for your event, party or weekend away! From the bedrooms to the restaurant and bar, this hotel meets all the criteria for any event from an affordable weekend away to a fully catered party I would strongly recommend this to anyone looking for somewhere fresh and new. We held a family party here with over 30 guests and from the smallest details (table dressing, piano player, thoughful personalised menu) to the smooth running of the whole evening from restaurant to private movie screening to late night drinks - the staff led by Hazel the GM seriously would not be out of place in the Ritz! Topped off by being very friendly, down to earth and accomodating to some of our guests who had reduced mobility. Could not do enough for us.

Room Tip: Penthouse for whoever is Special - beautiful and very cosy beds.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KellyNewYorkLimerick
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times now and its a very friendly place to come to. The hotel is situated at a retail park which is great if you need anything once you arrive. The swimming pool is lovely and not too busy most of the time and the gym looks great. Breakfast was fine. The hotel has been very quiet both evenings I've stayed and bar food was all that was available. This was served quickly by friendly staff but wouldn't be anything to come here for. For a quick overnight stay its a great hotel made ten times better by the great staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank hilmcl
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Me and my wife eat in the bar on a regular basis always good food realy enjoy it I recommend it to any one.staff are always good ideal for a quick lunch when passing trough or shopping always clean and tidy

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Manoftheroad
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a business trip. I'm a sales rep and have stayed in many hotels in Ireland - the Manor West Hotel I would rate at the top of these!! The welcome on arrival great!! Very informal but still very professional! I ate in the bar - an amazing burger with fries, beautifully presented and just excellent! I used the leisure centre - very clean and a beautiful pool. Breakfast the following morning was very good. Cooked to order. Next time I stay in Tralee I will be staying here!!! The only negative I would say is the TV in the room was a little old fashioned!! It's not a big negative but it's the only thing I can think off!! A nice large screen tv in the room would be good!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Beeneverywhereman007
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I have stayed in The Manor West many times & would rate it as the best value hotel in the area. Great rooms, great food & great staff. As a sales rep i stay in many hotels in the munster/ leinster area & always look forward to staying in this hotel. The staff are very friendly & make you feel at home.. Well done to all! I'll be back...

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank willfmoore
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with my partner and 3 kids ,lovely hotel ,very friendly staff throughout the hotel.Great pool,great breakfast,had a great time. Kids loved it didnt want to come home !Bar food was lovely no complaints about anything.

• Stayed: November 2013