“Excellent hotel with Excellent food”
Review of Manor West Hotel

Manor West Hotel
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Tralee
Reviewed 24 January 2011

Myself and my partner stayed here for 2 nights mid week and had a fantastic time. From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and helpful. It was lunch time on a monday and the bar was busy with people on lunch. We later found out why- Food is delicious and very reasonable priced and service was great!
Rooms are cosy, clean and modern! Perfect for a little getaway- with manor shopping just across the way! Would recommend it highly!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 January 2011

I had cause to stay in this hotel recently to make an early medical appt in a local hospital. The hotel itself is spotless, the beds excellent and the staff most pleasant and helpfulBathroom was well equipped with nice shampoo etc and underfloor heating, a must for cold nights!!

It is literally across an access road for Manor West shopping, which was a big attraction for me in my hunt for the perfect boots!I didn't eat in the hotel on this visit ,but have been for lunch and bar food on other visits to Tralee and found it excellent

Best of all though, on my departure, early in the morning, there was a sign to say that the carpark was icy. I don't walk so well and my balance is slighty compromised so one of the ladies immediately donned her coat and walked me to my car and even offered to go back into the hotel to get water to de-ice my car. This is the kind of "extra-mile" that marks out good hotels from the average ones. I'll certainly be back for a longer stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2010

stayed her for one night in December for a business trip. Food in the bar was lovely and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, really a credit to the hotel. I had requested a smoking room but unfortunately was put in a non-smoking room although I was so tired after making my way up to bed I didnt bother asking to be moved. The room was large, had a little fridge although nothing actually in it and a super powerful shower!

The breakfast in the morning was delicious, great selection on the menu including full irish, pancakes, kippers etc as well a the usual continental fare. The location was perfect for my trip although was based in a retail park so wasnt quiet in the centre of town. About 5 mins drive from the train station.

There were a few small issues in that the bed was actually 2 beds pushed together so there was a bit of a hump in the middle and I found the room a bit cold at night. There were additional blankets in the press though. Overall I would say that this hotel was excellent value for money (€65 b&b for single) and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We stayed for just one night with our two young children. We were delighted at check-in when we got two adjoining rooms even though we had booked a family room. The rooms were lovely and spacious, the bathrooms modern with under floor heating. We ate in the bar. Food was nice but service was slow. Breakfast was lovely with plenty of choice. Leisure centre was lovely. Pool is big with plenty of room but on the chilly side! Towels provided and changing rooms were beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2010

As the title says, great hotel 50 yards from the shops, which pleased my wife more than me ha ha.
The staff are fantastic, fast easy reception , Special thanks to Pauline, who was efficent, pleasant and great company for my very inquisitive 4 year old girl.
The leisure centre is really well equipped and the pool is lovely , a tiny bit chilly, with a great little kiddes pool. My small one managed to swim without dad holdin her for the first time so that was great.
The rooms were big enough and very clean. Our family room was suitable for 2 adults and 1 child in a bed and 1 in a cot...Make sure you get 2 doubles (not sure if they have them) if you want 2 kids sleeping separately. Of course they do have cot beds.
The food both in the bar and restaurant was lovely and not to bad in price.
My only slight comlpaint was in the bar...They arent overly kid friendly. My two would nt say boo to a mouse but even the slightest move away from the table brought some looks from the bar manager/s not the waitresses the managers. It does state that they welcome kids but want them to remain seated. I understand this to a point but in fairness if there just standing and havin a look around?? We dont have loads of pints or whatever in the bar but felt the frosty stares lol Families is where there money is at you would think as they spend the money on food ..not beer where there is much less profit?

As I said just a small gripe. We in general had a fab time. Woulod definately go back there again.
Frodo

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Frodo2323
Reviewed 19 October 2010

This is a great hotel for families. Its location on the edge of town means that there are no problems with parking or late night noise and easy access to great shopping, as well as quick access to south kerry routes. Unlimited daytime access to a great spa and pool provides entertainment and relaxation for all the family. I stayed on my own with 2 children under 3 years and all the staff were extremely helpful. The comtemporary decor give the hotel a stylish boutique hotel feel. Breakfast was fab. definitely not to be missed. Really well worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank ckea
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I stayed at manor west for a wedding, even though i live in Tralee my friends and i decided to go all out and get a few rooms, the girls at reception where really pleasent and friendly, and put us up straight away.
four of us stayed in one of the suites and they had no problem putting an extra bed in for us. the suites had two TVs, a mini bar and massive balcony.ohh and the bathroom, every womens dream. The room where the wedding was held was big but cosy. small bar but the handsome barman Mike catered for our needs with yummy cocktails.
when the wedding finished the girls and i went to our rooms it was late but we where hungry and phoned to reception to ask if we could order sandwiches(a bit cheeky) but they had no problem and we where delighed to when the porter came up up with sandwiches and crisps. in the morning we went down stairs for a buffet breakfast which was full of fresh food and fruit just what us girls needed to detox ourselves after a night of food, cocktails and more food.
great hotel right at my doorstep that feels like your miles away in the middle of nowhere. cant wait for another chance to stay there.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple