“You could be pleasantly surprised at Glen Fort” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glen Fort House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tralee
Glen Fort House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #30 of 57 Tralee B&B and Inns
Lake Macquarie, Australia
“You could be pleasantly surprised at Glen Fort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

I arrived at 3.45 pm to find the B&B empty, I had no phone numbers, so waited for and hour or so before knocking next door. A young girl told me the proprietors also ran a shop in town and gave me some rough directions. After a short drive and a long walk in the bitterly cold weather, I found the shop, and I asked the assistant to call the owner who replied with "she will be back there in 5 minutes". I had to make the return journey back to Glen Fort where I was met by a sheepish and embarrassed looking Bridget who realised that I was not impressed with the situation and apologised profusely, stating that there had been a problem with her car.
If I had not been so cold and miserable, and I had the time, I would have looked to stay elsewhere. However, I'm glad that I didn't!
My room on the first floor overlooked her garden and was spacious and well equipped. TV & WIFI excellent and a large and very comfy bed resulting in a peaceful nights sleep. The shower had amazing water pressure, and the breakfast provided by Bridget's charming daughter was very yummy indeed.
The town is a 3 minute drive away, and there is the option of a very good pub and restaurant at very reasonable prices just an easy 5 min stroll up the road, which avoids taking the car anywhere.
Overall, a very good B&B experience at a more than reasonable price with the problems upon arrival being soon forgotten.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Ray K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Arrived here to a warm welcome by the Brendan who explained that Bridget was away but he would look after us.
The room was very clean and a good size with a nice ensuite. Bed was a bit hard and not that comfortable but the breakfast was good and the area was nice and quiet. Short walk to a very good bar/restaurant and we had two very good nights here.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brent G
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We are a couple with one tween-aged daughter.
The house is situated in a quiet housing estate filled with large detached houses. There is enough parking for about four cars in the drive and/or a larger vehicle out on the road, no problem.
There's a pub that does good food, a friendly pharmacist and a large Gala convenience store, across from the entrance of the housing estate, for last minute essentials and it only takes about 10 minutes driving to get to there from Tralee town.
This b&b feels homely..like you're staying at your auntie's..not quite up to date with interiors fashion but you don't mind because it's clean, comfortable, welcoming and quiet at night!
We stayed in a family room, that had a double and a single bed, with an ensuite. The shower was great; it was easy to regulate the temp and power, really lovely! Our room was just at the top of the stairs..handy! We all got two good night's sleep (a slightly wider double bed would have been even better) and felt we got good value for our money. It cost about 23euro each for the 3 of us for one night, in July. Our host was friendly enough but wasn't in our face or loud and too chatty, like some can be and she was prompt serving breakfast and our food was hot and tasty.
We came across the Glen Fort online and the location suited us for the family gathering we were attending in the area, but the next time we visit Kerry, we'll be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dublin m
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

Just back from staying two nights here, with my wife and daughter. Beside the bed being a little small for a large man, the room was comfortable and clean; there was plenty of clean towels in the en suite; and the shower was one of the best that I had the pleasure to use. Our host Bridget was very freindly and we were meet with a smile each morning at breakfast. Didn't have any problems sleeping at night. Good value for money, as the room for the three of us was only 70 Euro.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Brian K
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2008

We are just back from Ireland for a wedding and stayed at the Glenfort Guest House. I would recommend this guest house for good value for money. Our room looked so much better than the picture on the website. Guest house in a lovely quiet area. Bridgette and husband friendly and made a fabulous breakfast. Couldnt get the tele to work but it didnt really bother us as we didnt spend a great deal of time there as we were out and about with wedding celebrations. Maybe not the most central for the town. Its a good 15 min walk but we just asked Bridgette to phone us taxis. There is a pub/restaurant about two streets up the back of the guest house but we didnt get a chance to try it out. Would go back next time we go to Tralee. Very reasonable.

• Liked — Value for money
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
3 Thank BrownThom
meath
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2008

I chose to stay at Glen Fort House after picking from a different website. I booked with Bridgette on the phone on the Friday, making reservations for mon - fri the following week, thhis was Great. She then rang monday for my arrival time. I said 6.30 pm, this was great and looked forward to seeing me.

However. . . . . after a 5 1/2 hour drive from meath to tralee, I arrived at my B&B 6.30 sharp, looking forward to a shower and unwinding, to find my hosts nowhere to be seen. After ringing and knocking for a good 15mins, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait. an hour later still no sign.
Getting really fed up and hungry I went to find somewhere to eat. I drove back at 8.15, and still no sign!

I then had to drive around for the next hour looking for a place to stay! 8 hours after setting off from home I Found a lovely B&B with internet access. So wrote them an email, explaining that I obviously had found somewhere else to spend the week. To this I got no reply

I wouldn't in good concsience be able to recommend this B&B to anybody, as her customer service is so obviously appalling and she is a disgrace to the B&B profession

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
5 Thank robynMeath
Bologna
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2007

The website shows 4 rooms,and they seem quite good, so that' why I choose Glenfort House. But the room they gave me is not seen on the site. I asked for a double room with ensuite bathroom and I received a triple room with only single beds and outside private bathroom. Plus, in the small corridor between my room and the toilet there was a clear drain smell...

As for the hospitality, Bridget was very cold (or embarassed at the best), and welcomed me by saying "who are you?". Her husband spent 5 minutes during my breakfast taking strange looks at all of the guests' cars. Finally, she tried to raise the price from 60€ to 70€,which really made me want to shout at her. But I was on holday so I just told her we agreed for 60€ and paid that sum..and of course ran away from the place straight after.

Nonetheless the other rooms look like they're nice on their website,but that's a place I would never recommend if you're going to Tralee.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Iole_deluxe