“Simple, cheap, friendly”

and 1 more site!
Sean Og's
Ranked #11 of 54 Tralee B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The accommodation here is fairly basic but it's perfectly fine for an evening stopover, especially if you want to experience Irish music downstairs, and you are focused on a place to sleep with a friendly though simple breakfast experience. I was perfectly happy and would recommend this as a nice stage on a tour of the Kerry countryside.

Room Tip: Just be prepared for the relatively informal check-in via the bar, and in the morning just head to t...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShaneCoughlan
There are newer reviews for Sean Og's

Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

A great little bar we stumbled upon after a very long day! Sat by an open fire with friend, a Jameson's and beautiful live Irish music, lovely atmosphere! Live music is advertised as on nightly from 9:30pm and it is simply two chaps, one on a fiddle and one on guitar, very talented and a joy to listen to!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Was down here for the Rose of Tralee festival. I must say it's one the best pubs I've been in for a long time. Talked to the man running the bar for a few minutes and he represented himself and the bar very well. The bar staff were more than capable of dealing with a large crowd, and had great craic while doing so!

Music on the night we were there was great and the atmosphere was electric. The narrow, intimate surroundings really make this feel like a traditional bar. Will be popping in again very soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank macnof
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have been here a few times and have to say it is one of the best bars I have been in!
Great Irish Bar with good pints, great music and brilliant craic from the barmen. Would recommend it to anyone a must visit in Tralee.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2012

As I read in another posting (read after our trip), it all depends on what you are looking for and how much time you have. Me and my girlfriend stay here on a whim, we were driving ourselves around Ireland and had to stay in Tralee for the night.

We came upon Sean Og's place after driving around Tralee for about 45 minutes. The staff member who helped us was very pleasant and got us a room right away. When we got to our room, it was a bit smaller than I was expecting (though I was expecting a small room). The room had probably enough room to wiggle around but that was about it, the bathroom was quite small as well. We were only looking for a place to lay our heads down after a long day of adventuring Ireland.

Though we didn't really have a problem with the size of the room and bathroom, the bed was horrible. Not only was it not comfortable, the noise was quite loud. Louder than what I was expecting from the rooms being above a pub. It took us quite a while to fall asleep and when we woke up, I was sore from the uncomfortable bed.

Now for the goods and bads:

Good:
1) Location, there is a pay and display parking area within very close walking distance.
2) Service of checking in and out was very speedy and painless
3) Breakfast wasn't all that bad

Bad:
1) Rooms and bathrooms were very small
2) Bed was very very umcomfortable
3) Noise was much louder than expected

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012

what a great few nights in this local bar. Irish music both nights, first a duo and then a six piece band. plenty of singing, laughter and chat. Bar staff, two young Irish men, very approachable. Let me sample some drinks for free. Nothing any trouble even for some passing Spaniards who could not speak English. Cosy little pub, easy to walk to from our hotel on Princes Way. Drinks cheaper than other venues. Great time had by all.

Room Tip: went for a few nights out. did not stay but enjoyed the atmosphere.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank linyjon
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Stayed here on a brief one night trip to Tralee. Found it fine for what I needed which was a bed for the night. I wasn't expecting too much but the room was quite nice even if very small and breakfast was freshly cooked and really tasty. The staff were extremely helpful which was great because I had some trouble finding the B&B and parking. My only qualms about Sean Ogs was the extremely noisy wooden floors in the corridors. Our room was very close to the breakfast area and we heard every step and every conversation. The one thing to keep in mind is the pub doesn't do evening food so you need to eat elsewhere. I recommend the bar straight across the road from the B&B entrance. Really Good!

Room Tip: Request a room not near the breakfast area
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple