“The Way to Spend an Afternoon”

Cooking Classes at Eden Hall
More attraction details
Owner description: Cooking Classes at Eden Hall has something to offer all food lovers: learn, taste, and enjoy with demonstrations for all groups from novices to experienced cooks. Located in a traditional old Irish house in the heartland of County Kilkenny, we also offer special demonstrations for tourists and groups of friends.
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Arriving at Eden Hall is a warm friendly experience - so relaxed and welcoming.

We were treated to a wonderful demonstration covering starter, two main courses and two desserts. Richenda made it all seem so easy - and the eating of the fruits of the labour was effortless! This is to be highly recommended for a great outing with friends.

2  Thank AEV113

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We went as a group from Dublin on a Sunday afternoon after spending a night on the tiles in Kilkenny. We were blown away by the event. We had so much fun. The house is spectacular. It's such a beautiful location for a break away from real life! Richenda was so welcoming and even made us homemade cookies, teas and coffees throughout. Then she gave a super demo of really user-frindly but impressive recipes. It was really interactive and we learned loads. But the best bit was a big sit-down afterwards with plates and plates of the food that she had just demonstrated and a nice cool glass of wine to wash it down. We couldn't recommend it highly enough! I can't wait to try out all of my new recipes.

1  Thank Ruth C
Reviewed 9 February 2014

What a wonderful way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon! We were warmly welcomed by Richenda and her husband and treated to a most enjoyable few hours of cookery demonstrations. We were shown a starter, two main courses and two desserts and best of all we got to eat it all and the end with a glass of wine. I especially loved the red pepper tapenade, the chicken dish and the chocolate tart, while the orange and rhubarb crumble was the best I have ever tasted. I'm looking forward to trying them all out on family and friends soon. Richenda welcomed all of our questions and half way through offered us all tea, coffee and delicious homemade biscuits. At €35 it is great value and I look forward to returning again. I'd be especially interested in a demonstration for Christmas entertaining.

1  Thank Niamh S
Reviewed 4 September 2013

If you want to get to know a new culture, spend time in a local kitchen learning about its food. My sister, daughter, niece and I enjoyed a morning with Richenda Talbot in her beautiful home, Eden Hall. We learned how to make various Irish breads and enjoyed a generous,delicious tasting. We enjoyed fresh vegetables from her garden. The highlight was meeting and spending a morning with our host and teacher, Richenda. We highly recommend this experience!

3  Thank Kathy D
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We spent a wet Saturday afternoon as part of a Hen Party in Richenda's beautiful, warm and cosy kitchen. We were given a warm welcome on arrival and our afternoon was especially tailored for the Sweet Toothed among us as we learned to make delicious desserts. We were given tea and coffee with homemade biscuits and truffles half way through. We then had the pleasure of tasting 5/6 desserts that Richenda prepared during the 2.5hr session. Each dessert was delicious and was served by Richenda and her assistant Elizabeth. The afternoon was fun and informative and it was a great way to spend a wet afternoon in a warm, cosy, and friendly environment. I would definitely recommend a visit as it's not to be missed!!

1  Thank U123