“Poor standard”

Langton's
Ranked #7 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Our extensive Bar and A la Carte menus are available both in our Restaurant and Bar. Food is served all day until 10:30pm. Langton's Bar is a buzzing environment where you can enjoy authentic traditional Irish food in relaxed, comfortable and stylish surroundings. Winner and current holder of the 'National Bar of the Year' (Best Bar in Ireland) award a record 5 times! Live Irish Music from 7 to 9pm. Sample some of our 7 local beers on tap, the most available anywhere in Kilkenny. The Langton Room Restaurant The award-winning Langton Room is a unique dining experience. This elegant restaurant exudes warmth, friendliness, sophistication, charm and character. Explore our exquisite yet simple menus, created using the finest locally-sourced ingredients, offering the perfect mix of traditional Irish and international cuisine.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Restaurant was far too busy especially as there was a large wedding being held in the hotel. Service was poor and unfriendly - it costs nothing to smile! Meal was cold but couldn't get the attention of the staff. Burger was very dry. Reasonable price but woud rather pay a bit more for a better standard of both food and service.
Made reservation online and received both a confirmation and a rejection so had to ring to check situation!

2  Thank Dee166

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Passing through Kilkenny and visited the super Castle, as it was lunchtime we were recommended Langtons for lunch which we located after a short walk.

We ordered fish & chips and a couple of drinks. The meal was very poor for the price, 3 goujons of what was supposed to be cod, a portion of over cooked oven chips and a ramekin of what we're according to the menu mushy peas but resembled just tinned processed peas poorly drained.

The service was ok but the ambiance was of a pub full of hen and stag parties, very noisy. Overall for what we ordered the experience was very poor value for money. One small sparkling water, one cider and two inferior main courses €32.00.

We won't be back, there must be far better places for a decent lunch in the city of Kilkenny.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Dined here recently for my mother's 70th. There were lots of hens parties aswell and was quiet noisey. Anyways we ordered, I had just started my starter when I discovered a piece of plastic in it(from a bottle). The manager couldn't apologise enough and offered a replacement but I was gone off my food by then. I did get a free glass of wine. My sister was given the wrong starter and wrong main course. She didn't say anything as we didn't want to spoil the evening for my Mam. They did really well with the gluten free cake for my Mam, it was really nice. While there were good and bad points I don't think I'll be rushing back.

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

The service was so slow, had to get my own menus off bar den took ages for anyone to come to us but food did come quick once we got to eventually order it.
They never came back after we had meal finished to order anything else etc and I had to call them for the tea and coffees that were ordered at start to be bought over!!
This needs to be addressed as the food is good but bad service puts a damper on this

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Had dinner in here Easter weekend.
Food was lovely and staff were great , they could not do enough.
The restaurant was quite packed but the service was great
and the quality of food really lovely