“Fabulous Food & Ambience”
Review of Anocht

Anocht
Ranked #14 of 227 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Price range: US$14 - US$48
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Each Thursday,Friday, Saturday and Sunday enjoy a unique space for fine dining, with its broad oak beam ceiling and view of Kilkenny Castle into a unique space for dining with menus inspired by great Irish ingredients.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The review is a little late but nevertheless. Dined here over the Valentines weekend & couldn't recommend highly enough. It is now my favourite restaurant in Kilkenny! The food was delicious & fabulously presented. I loved the bespoke Castle Arch Pottery pieces used! The service we got was second to none- relaxed and yet attentive. The restaurant itself was very atmospheric- I love the setting! The restaurant turns into a bistro/cafe during the day & I have never been in it but my partner said that it was like a totally different place come evening time. I will add (and it is not a negative point) that the restaurant is quite intimate & not the place for a rowdy hen party or drunken meal. Fabulous for a family dinner or romantic meal. Cannot wait to return.

1  Thank deryygal
There are newer reviews for Anocht

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I came here with a group of friends on a Saturday night. The food was delicious but the service was VERY slow, to the point where we asked if they had forgotten our order. The restaurant was also warm and stuffy. However, I would return and would recommend provided you're not in a rush!

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Booked for a birthday celebration, group of 8. The food was fantastic. They made a special effort with the "birthday girl", bringing a complementary cocktail on arrival and a dessert after the meal. Service was efficient and attentive without being overbearing. We had a varied group with different tastes and all were happy. I would highly recommend after our visit.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I was here with my girlfriends for our Christmas night out; the food was great (Pork belly & Sea scallops) and the bartended was brilliant making one of my friends a fab Espresso martini, but the rest of the wait staff really need some training and no manager seemed to be on duty.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Had a great meal here. Great food on the early bird menu. Service was very efficient and attentive. The duck was fabulous as was my husbands pork belly. We will return when in Kilkenny.
One thing they could improve on are the chairs , they are not particularly comfortable and not in keeping with the otherwise romantic ambience of the restaurant. This is a minor issue and didn't spoil our night , just a suggestion. Lee and the staff are a great asset to Anocht