“" Win Win "”

Price range: US$4 - US$30
Cuisines: Irish, Spanish, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Lautrecs Bistro in the heart of medieval Kilkenny City. We are a stones throw from the historic Kilkenny Castle on bustling St Kieran Street, a pedestrianized haven for both food lovers and shoppers alike. Showcasing modern Irish food on our menus, we cook everything fresh to order with produce from local artisan food producers Flagstone floors from the historic Burren in Co. Clare with relaxing soft tones set the enchanting atmosphere that is Lautrecs. On two floors Lautrecs was launched in 1987 and is one of Kilkenny's longest established restaurants. Please browse our menus where we hope you will find our food interesting... Bon Appétit!
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Great selection of Tapas & wines in the one place, we where passing by and very hungry from our travels, saw the sign and decided to check it out, lovely atmosphere, friendly staff, affordable prices. I had the crab tortillas & spicy lamb balls..my partner had monk fish & seared tuna. we were not left wanting. we shared Tres leches for desert "sponge soaked in 3 Different kinds of milk , served with strawberries mmmmmm " like your mother would of made on a hot summers day " I recommend this hidden treasure to all age groups, we finished off with a bottle Tindall Estate " fruity with a twist of lemon" sipped it at our leisure while making new plans for our next trip. Happy days... We will be back

Reviewed 15 May 2013

Really tasty and varied choice of food, early bird was great value which meant we order more than we needed of course.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Lautrecs has good selection of Tapas and Pizzas. We ordered a pizza and a selection of Tapas that were all excellent. Staff were very friendly and informative about the menu. Food was reasonably priced and I will definitely be back the next time I am in Kilkenny.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

The tapas was excellent. Three dishes at 6 or 7 euros makes a great meal at a reasonable price. The service was superb from some friendlhy staff.
I celebrated my birthday there on Thursday and enjoyed it so muhc I returned on the Saturday night. I'll be back there again when I am next in Kilkenny.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Beautiful food, lovely atmosphere and great staff. Salt & pepper squid was to die for. Pizza was delicious. As we were with kids, a game of connect4 was produced which made for a lively meal. Cannot recommend highly enough. Lunch here rounded off an amazing weekend away.