“fantastic restaurant, will return”
Review of Lautrecs Bistro - CLOSED

Lautrecs Bistro
Price range: US$3 - US$28
Cuisines: European, French, Irish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to Lautrecs Bistro in the heart of medieval Kilkenny City. We are a stones throw from the historic Kilkenny Castle on bustling St Kieran Street, a pedestrianized haven for both food lovers and shoppers alike. Showcasing modern Irish food on our menus, we cook everything fresh to order with produce from local artisan food producers Flagstone floors from the historic Burren in Co. Clare with relaxing soft tones set the enchanting atmosphere that is Lautrecs. On two floors Lautrecs was launched in 1987 and is one of Kilkenny's longest established restaurants. Please browse our menus where we hope you will find our food interesting... Bon Appétit!
Cork, Ireland
“fantastic restaurant, will return”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Really enjoyed our time in Kilkenny and this was a highlight. The food was sublime along with the nice craft beers that they had.

The parma/cheese breadsticks are fab, as was the lamb braised with cous cous and stuffed peppers.

Also the waiter (Mediterranean guy) was very good and informative with the menu and a real addition to the restaurant.

• Visited May 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“My Introduction to Awesome Food in Ireland”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I stumbled upon Lautrecs while wandering the streets in Kilkenny. Simply put, the food and service were spectacular. My wife and I had the 3 Tapas with glass of house wine €20. It is a fantastic deal. This was easily one of our best meals on our trip through Ireland.

• Visited May 2014
Kilkenny, Ireland
“What a find”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

What a great find. Rustic as it should be for a tapas bar. Quality food great ambience and great service from a very knowledgeble waiter Branio. Superb

Visited May 2014
Louisburgh, Ireland
“Nice Tapas Bar”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We ate here on a very quiet Sunday, we had an early deal of 3 tapas for 15 euro. There is a great selection of tapas to choose from. The restaurant is nicely decorated. The service was slow though despite the fact we were the only two customers in the whole restaurant!

Definitely worth it for the food though. Make sure you try the patatas bravas!

• Visited April 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Gorgeous Tapas”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Booked here as a result of reading lots of good Tripadvisor reviews and I'm glad I did. The place was absolutely packed on Saturday night and we saw a lot of people being turned away or told to come back later. We had 5 tapas between the 2 of us. Most of the dishes aren't typical tapas style dishes but they were all very tasty. We had warm duck salad, mini beef tortillas, patatas bravas, mini burgers and gnocchi with chorizo. The gnocchi was the higlight for us but everything was good. I would agree with others that the patatas bravas are not like what you'd get in Spain or in other tapas restaurants here but they were nice enough. We had a lovely bottle of prosecco to wash it all down. It's a very cosy restaurant, we were sitting at the window on a chilly enough night but it was very warm. I'll definitely go back next time I'm in Kilkenny and I'll make sure to book before I go.

• Visited April 2014