“Great food”

The Marble City Bar
Ranked #26 of 243 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Winner of Best Gastro Pub in Kilkenny for the last 4 years! 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. Situated within walking distance from Langton House Hotel, The Marble City Bar & Tea Rooms is one the oldest public houses in the County it has still retained many of the original features and exudes a warm & friendly atmosphere. The Marble City Bar is a favourite with locals and residents alike, offering extensive menus boasting the very best in fresh local Irish produce and service. Food is served from 9am - 10pm daily Down stairs and situated on a bustling pedestrianised shopping street is the The Marble City Tea Rooms. An ideal meeting spot with both indoor and outdoor seating areas it is the perfect setting in which to experience a varied selection of international coffees and teas, cakes and pastries along with a full and comprehensive menu. Food is served from 9am - 9:30pm daily
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We visited this bar for a bite to eat in the evening. It had a lovely romantic atmosphere as we were seated in a booth and the food was genuinely lovely. I can really recommend trying the lamb pie and chocolate brownies for dessert!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very disappointed by the quality of the food during my most recent visit to the Marble City Bar, I have visited this bar / restaurant numerous times in the past and was always happy with the quality of the food and the service however on this occasion the food in particular failed to impress. To be more specific I ordered the fish cake starter size which should really be renamed as the % fish content was very low almost non existent. The waiter never came back to our table to enquire how the meal was. When I was paying the bar man asked how the meal was and I responded that I have had better to which he had no answer.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Choose this place to eat amongst a number of choices
Lovely open air seating which allowed one of our favourites pasttimes, people watching
Staff were friendly, food was delicious and overall experience was very pleasant.

1  Thank TesttubeBaby82
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The food here was brilliant, very good value and the tea room list is endless. We were impressed with the decor and location, the bar was busy but the staff were top notch. One of the best gastropubs I've ever been to, 10/10.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I ordered the portobello mushroom dish with bread crumbs and goat cheese. The topping was good but the mushrooms so tough I could not eat them. My baileys was brought in a dirty glass. A server never came to check how the meal was.There was golf on the tv with the volume up the same time as music playing which made it too loud at 4pm. Hate to complain based on previous reviews but restaurant obviously having a off day.