“Very Good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Foodworks
Ranked #30 of 216 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Price range: US$8 - US$27
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: A high ceiling, airy space with a bright, fresh look which matches the style of cooking. Unfussy dishes using quality local produce, including our own home reared, free range pork and vegetables from the experienced chef owner's farm. Having won "Best Casual Dining" in the Irish Restaurant Awards for Leinster & recommended by Michelin Guide 2014, 2015 & 2016. We aim to offer our customers a relaxed and casual dining experience with quality the key to everything we do. Sourcing our produce locally with Hereford beef, fresh fish and seafood from Duncannon. We also have local craft O Hara's IPA and falling apple cider on draught, in addition we have an extensive wine list and a wide selection of spirits, ports and cocktails
Llandeilo, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Called in by chance for an early evening 'bite' whilst staying in Kilkenny for the Arts festival.

My wife had the risotto and I had the burger which we followed with the chocolate tart and ice cream.

Service was pleasant and unfussy and the food was very good. The burger appeared to be home made with real ground beef, the garlic was a nice touch. This is casual dining as opposed to fine dining but to be honest the food was just as good as we had in one of Kilkenny's fine dining establishments.

I really can't fault this place for the price.

• Visited August 2014

• Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
“Brilliant experience, will definitely return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

After my brilliant lunching experience in this restaurant a few weeks ago with my family, I really wanted to try out the dinner menu so myself and 5 friends went to check it out and we all agreed it was a brilliant experience. 3 starters, 6 main dishes, 6 deserts and teas and coffees there wasn't one complaint or problem everything was perfect. The staff are lovely and friendly, the atmosphere is a really nice deco contemporary style. Really recommend this place.

Visited February 2014
“Casual dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Had Saturday lunch here and was not disappointed. Friendly quick service, imaginative food nicely cooked and presented. Would definitely return to try some of the other dishes.

Visited April 2014
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Nice Evening Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My Partner and I ate dinner here last night and both had an enjoyable evening meal. There is nothing pretentious or OTT about the dishes served here, and I would not say it's "Fine Dining". But the food is tasty and the service efficient. In regards to pricing I would say "Foodworks" is on par with most of the other similar style of restaurants Kilkenny has to it. 3 courses each choosing from both early-bird & A'la Carte menus, wine & coffees 87 Euro which I thought was fair enough, It was a nice mid-week evening meal out.

• Visited March 2014
Kilkenny, Ireland
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I love foodworks for lunch they’re always very efficient and the quality of the food is always good, their risottos are always great, and my husband thinks they’ve the best fish & chips in town.

Visited December 2013